Just an observation of other cultures.

bumpkin 22:09 29 Jul 2017

Looking out from my window I witnessed this. A man walking past with a woman about 20ft behind him, pushing a child in a buggy. She had an umbrella as it was raining slightly, as the rain got heavier the man walked back to her and took the umbrella for himself. Any comments?

Old Deuteronomy 22:54 29 Jul 2017

My thoughts about him are not suitable for publication on a respectable forum.

bumpkin 23:04 29 Jul 2017

Was he Caucasian?

Not for me to comment on their nationality or religious beliefs. I just drew my own assumption based on their appearance and attire.

Forum Editor 23:37 29 Jul 2017

"So why bring up then?"

Exactly.

bumpkin 23:38 29 Jul 2017

So why bring up then?

To see others views on that kind of behaviour.

Southern born 07:58 30 Jul 2017

bumpkin

*Was he Caucasian?

Not for me to comment on their nationality or religious beliefs. I just drew my own assumption based on their appearance and attire.*

Caucasian is not a description of nationality or religion - it is a racial description.

Lorraine Baines-McFly

That kind of behaviour as you put it, has nothing to do with ones culture.

Wrong - People incorrectly use the term culture to only describe the arts but is all to do with the way you live your life and think. It was for a long time part of the British culture to believe that we were better than all other Nationalities and Races.

Southern born 09:05 30 Jul 2017

Lorraine Baines-McFly

Could you please make up your mind as to what you are saying?

First you said "That kind of behaviour as you put it, has nothing to do with ones culture."

Now you have said "WRONG- My statement somewhat actually agrees with yours."

It does not agree at all with my statement - What you meant may agree partly with what I said but your statement does not.

Saying that most cultures do not carry babies in buggies is rather weird. I have seen buggies in the Middle East, Eastern Europe and the Far East as well as Europe, both North and South America as well as Oceania an Africa.

morddwyd 09:16 30 Jul 2017

*ctually, it only applies to a certain culture. *

Yes, the culture of the boorish male. and they have been around since before the Flood, in avery country of the world.

A thinly disguised racist thread.

x123 09:53 30 Jul 2017

bumpkin

Has the spider swallowed a fly, a Scottish fly?

bumpkin 10:16 30 Jul 2017

Yes, the culture of the boorish male

Well put morddwyd.

bumpkin 10:24 30 Jul 2017

It was a large umbrella and when he took hold of it my first thought was that they were going to share it, not him walk off with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

MacBook Air 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)