Just had an apology from a scam company!

spuds 16:25 22 Sep 2015
Answered

Thought that I would like to share this with you. Things being quiet and all that.

Recently I have had a daily influx of telephone claims and scam calls. Today was no exception.

About an hour ago I had a telephone call from a number I recognised as a scam number. The person (obviously in a busy call centre) asked for me by name, and told me that he was from somewhere or another, and that I had an account with them. Apparently his companies equipment was registering a large amount of problems being caused by my computer, and he was there to resolve all issues.

He informed me that I must be in front of my computer, but I informed that was impossible, because the computer was over a thousand miles away, because it had been stolen, and we think it was being used by a drug and people's smuggling gang.

He seemed very genuine in offering an apology and condolences. Before putting the phone down, I informed the person that I knew he was on a mission to scam, and wished him farewell in a polite manner.

Wonder if he as taken my details off his list, and I will have no further bother from his company, considering that in the future he might need to be dealing with a drug and people's smuggling gang of possible ill repute.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:48 22 Sep 2015

If knew it to be from a scam number then I would answered the call with

"computer fraud crime enquires, how may I be of help?"

spuds 23:51 22 Sep 2015

FB - By the details they seemed to have on me (name, telephone number etc) I would suspect that if I said "computer fraud crime enquires, how may I be of help?", they would know that I was fibbing :O)

spuds 10:32 24 Sep 2015
Answer

I'll put a tick to this now, doesn't seem much interest!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France