Jeremy Kyle v Love Island

Govan1x 16:10 10 Jun 2019
Answered

Probably a big difference on this but the same verdict.

Jeremy Kyle put off the air because one of its contestants died.

Love island in the same boat where one or two contestants have died.

I just wondered why one of the shows got axed and not the other.

Obviously there must have been a different situation for this to happen.

Personally myself I did not watch either just wondered what the difference is or was.

Not a great subject to talk about but just interested in why the difference.

FE just delete this if you think it is insensitive.

WhirlingRound 18:32 13 Jun 2019

Jeremy Kyle and Jerry Springer's shows have had vulnerable subjects. When asked by Jeremy Paxman whether or not it was stupid, Jerry quite openly said it was because it makes good TV. It is the public humiliation in front of millions that is wrong.

For reality ellimination shows such as The Apprentice, Big Brother, and the like, again public humiliation but not through personal disputes. Only those who want their 15 minutes fame, but with little ambition through which to achieve it.

Flak999 10:23 14 Jun 2019

All of these shows are lowest common denominator TV. Very superficial, puerile rubbish. Aimed at people of low intellect and populated by vacuous individuals just looking for their fifteen minutes of fame!

WhirlingRound 17:54 15 Jun 2019

I agree. With even more crap on TV over the last 10 years or so, the TV license to me became increasingly poor value for money. Now I don't watch or record live TV. YouTube is my entertainment.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

iPhone SE 2 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs