Jeremy Kyle v Love Island

Govan1x 16:10 10 Jun 2019
Answered

Probably a big difference on this but the same verdict.

Jeremy Kyle put off the air because one of its contestants died.

Love island in the same boat where one or two contestants have died.

I just wondered why one of the shows got axed and not the other.

Obviously there must have been a different situation for this to happen.

Personally myself I did not watch either just wondered what the difference is or was.

Not a great subject to talk about but just interested in why the difference.

FE just delete this if you think it is insensitive.

Belatucadrus 16:30 10 Jun 2019

I did not watch either

Likewise and as I have no intention of changing that state of affairs I'll leave my contributions to this, any further would be speculation. I always avoid reality shows like the plague.

Forum Editor 19:58 10 Jun 2019

"FE just delete this if you think it is insensitive."

It's a valid subject for discussion, as long as there are no personal comments about the people who have died. That may cause some difficulties, but I have to insist on it.

Govan1x 23:53 10 Jun 2019

Thanks forum editor I am sure everyone will agree with your comments.

It is just that I have got this question in my head and it will not go away.

There is probably a simple answer to it. But I suppose we may never know.

Flat Earther 00:56 11 Jun 2019
Answer

With the Love Island contestants there was a 2 year gap between their appearance on the show and their demise.

With Jeremy Kyle show it was 10 days after.

Spot the difference.

BT 08:58 11 Jun 2019

I have'nt watched either and wouldn't.

The nearest I've got is Judge Judy and I really despair at the incredibly trivial things that people in America sue each other about. I think the driving force is just the desire to be on TV, as all those who appear have their travel and living costs paid for by the show, and a show it obviously is a no real Court would possibly operate like this.

Govan1x 14:44 11 Jun 2019

Flat Earther

Yes I can spot that difference.

For arguments sake there was 2 v 1. But I assume that was the difference why one show was removed and the other stayed.

I suppose that would make the difference to us but maybe not to the relations of those who lost their lives.

But i will close this thread because i would think your advice would probably have been the difference between the 2 TV Programs.

Unless of course someone comes up with a better theory.

WhirlingRound 12:09 13 Jun 2019

I think reality TV shows (Love Island, X-Factor, BGT etc) need to stop. They give a false sense of hope for those seeking fame. Yes, contestant have a choice. However, knowing how nasty our mainstream media is, dealing with the sudden shot to fame for the right or wrong reasons can be difficult for some to handle. The standard of shows is appalling, and melts brains. They are trash and are of tabloid standard.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:13 13 Jun 2019

Stop reality TV shows

You must be joking, the masses adore them and they are cheap to make.

Occasionally we get a good one that takes us out of our cosy view of the country and shows what some people have to put up with trying to do there jobs.

Quickbeam 14:21 13 Jun 2019

There's one at the moment that involves living on an off shore island in the conditions of 1900.

I suppose that counts as reality, other than that, I don't do reality!

WhirlingRound 18:17 13 Jun 2019

Fruit bat I am not joking. Most of the reality TV viewers seem to want cheap, low quality entertainment.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Review: Hands-on

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Les meilleures enceintes connectées avec écran tactile (2019)