Japanese Tsunami footage

Al94 13:31 12 Nov 2011

Someone sent me this link this morning which I thought I would share, incredible HD footage of Japanese earthquake and Tsunami earlier this year http://www.flixxy.com/japanese-tsunami-viewed-from-a-car.htm

rdave13 13:48 12 Nov 2011

Frightening how sudden it was.

morddwyd 19:33 12 Nov 2011

Truly terrifying.

Aitchbee 19:48 13 Nov 2011

I have not looked at the film footage, but I wonder if the massive,speedy, reconstruction of the Japanese main roads was undertaken by local builders, only...I guess so, because of the rapidity and efficiency of the recovery.

Aitchbee 19:59 13 Nov 2011

I am just re-iterating what gengiscant said, yesterday.

I am observing the resurfacing of a main road where I live. It's a very, demanding operation.

onthelimit1 09:18 14 Nov 2011

Six days to repair that road is truly amazing. Shropshire Council could learn a lot from the Japanese (a small bridge was closed for a month recently for repairs!).

spuds 11:30 14 Nov 2011

You just cannot win on this one, because in my opinion I was stating in another post about how Japan coped with incidents of this type, yet the forum editor seemed to suggest that it was a disgrace, and civil unrest was evident?.

Seeing and experiencing what mother nature can throw at you, and at the same time, the human race is able to bounce back is a great achievement in itself, and I think this incident as proved that, perhaps more so with the evidence being provided.

The same is perhaps with some other countries, that cope with landslides or train derailments on a regular basis. Had that been the UK, it would have to take a committee and sub committee to approve the next move, irrespective of the inconvenience or delays to the public that would bring?.

I wonder what this winter will bring, when we have the wrong type of snow, sleet, ice or wet and everything comes grinding to a standstill?.

Forum Editor 11:58 14 Nov 2011

"the forum editor seemed to suggest that it was a disgrace, and civil unrest was evident?."

There has been a great deal of criticism from Japanese people over the way that their government has handled (or not handled) the recovery operation.

Al94 15:56 20 Nov 2011

Some good photos of progress made but emphasise the scale of the devastation http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-15789694?googleeditorspicks=true

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

Women and LGBT+ comic artists find a home with diverse publisher Avery Hill

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Keynote Apple : les iPhone XR, XS, XS Max et l'Apple Watch Series 4