As I've said elsewhere

Forum Editor 18:17 27 Dec 2004

I used to live in Sri Lanka, and know it well; I can imagine what it must be like, and if I was in any doubt I have UK clients who are currently in the Island on a trip - they're sending me a stream of updates via email.

The chaos in the coastal areas affected is difficult to comprehend, and I think it will be some time before the true extent of the disaster is known - both in Sri Lanka and in the other locations affected. I am very familiar with both Phuket and Phi Phi island - location for the film "The beach" - and I know how awful it must be for the people who make their living from the tourists who come to see what must be one of the world's most beautiful beaches. It will be some time before things are back to normal, and a very long time before such places fully recover from what has been a disaster on a grand scale.

I was due to do some work in Sri Lanka in about three weeks time, but it now looks as though that trip will be postponed until my clients get their business up and running again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 3 review

Automatically create thousands of unique variations from one original design with this Illustrator…

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Razer Phone 2