It's Official....Crime certainly does pay

oresome 20:30 19 Jul 2018

Only 9% of crimes end with suspects being charged or summonsed in England and Wales, Home Office figures suggest.

Add on all the crimes that aren't reported and consider the actual conviction rate of those charged and the odds are very much in favour of crime paying.

click here

bumpkin 20:49 19 Jul 2018

Of course it does but not since I have retired:-}

Salamander7 21:31 19 Jul 2018

Crime rate up, detection rate down. I am certain it has absolutely nothing to do with Police numbers being cut to the levels they were in the 90s when there were far less people in the country. More people, more crime, less police, what's no to like?

Cymro. 10:45 20 Jul 2018

Salamander there were far less people in the country. More people, more crime, less police, what's no to like?

So what exactly are you suggesting Salamander? Are you trying to blame increased crime on immigration by any chance?

Quickbeam 17:57 20 Jul 2018

I don't think there has to be a racial slant to his answer, it's logical.

bumpkin 20:31 20 Jul 2018

Are you trying to blame increased crime on immigration by any chance?

I would if you look at the statistics.

carver 16:51 23 Jul 2018

Well to solve a crime it must first be investigated and now if the chance of solving a crime are less than 80% then the crime is not investigated. 2 weeks ago I was involved in a car accident, a white van ( classic ) undertook me and hit front passenger door , wing mirror and front wing. He then took off and I had to chase him, gave up after about 10 minutes because the way he was driving he could have killed someone. Informed the police and 2 weeks later they are not sure if they have the time to follow through with an investigation of this hit and run, even though they have reg and make of van. So is it any surprise that only a small % of offences end up being solved . Been told that at least I am insured so should be able to claim on my insurance, feel great about that.

Pine Man 18:56 23 Jul 2018

A couple of weeks ago in the west country a number of people 'arrested' a robber. They called the police and were told they were too busy and to let him go!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)