It's no joke for this comedian

oresome 09:45 12 Dec 2018

He was asked to sign a form prior to performing which presumably removed most of his material.

The form stated: 'By signing this contract, you are agreeing to our no-tolerance policy with regards to racism, sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia or anti-religion or anti-atheism.'

Laughing at ourselves is surely a healthy thing but what if it's seen as laughing at others? Are we becoming snowflakes?

click here

lotvic 21:52 13 Dec 2018

Perhaps the 'contract' was the Script ;-P

iscanut 13:17 14 Dec 2018

The old nursery rhyme that I heard at least 70 years ago comes to mind...

...sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

wee eddie 15:54 14 Dec 2018

ISC, it's "words"

BT 17:59 14 Dec 2018

wee eddie

It was always 'names' in the one I've known all my life, but there is a version that uses 'words' and a host of variations on the rhyme.

wee eddie 18:30 14 Dec 2018

Sorry, I'm older than you and something of a pedant.

I understand that it has been misquoted so often that some people believe that your version is the correct one

oresome 20:42 14 Dec 2018

I note it was debated on Question Time, but we were ahead of the curve.

john bunyan 21:27 14 Dec 2018

Both are correct

Sticks and Stones

KEITH 1955 18:05 15 Dec 2018

xyz-ism , xyz-phobia and political correctness has just simply gone OTT. We seem to have reached a point where you dare not express your opinion about something outside your own 4 walls for fear of somebody pinning you up against a wall and saying " you cant say that".

My wife who is 65 has been in a wheelchair for the past 45 years , she was in it when I met her and decided she was the one for me. I did not marry the wheelchair I married the person sat in it ! She has no objection to people making fun of disability as long as they don't go too far.

What is not acceptable is people making jokes about somebody like steven Hawkins.

The trouble is like everything else in life people don't know or care when they "cross the line".

Have you ever seen the famous episode of men behaving badly where the female had her appendix out and went home in a wheelchair. We both lolled for ages and said it must have been written by somebody familiar with wheelchair situations.

Post edited to remove unacceptable content. FE 27/12/18

SusanGallegos 16:37 25 Dec 2018

I back the Comedian, 100%. These Students are worshiping false Gods

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

The Best New Illustration and Graphic Design Talent from Brighton and Middlesex Universities

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

PlayStation 5 (PS5) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs