Is it a bridge too far for Boris?

canarieslover 11:49 19 Jan 2018

Boris Johnson suggests a bridge across the Channel to France. As someone who lives close to the Queen Elizabeth bridge across the Thames and suffers complete gridlock every time the wind blows strongly I really don't think it's a good idea at all. At least tunnels aren't affected by the winds which is why the proposed new Thames crossing is going under it.

Cymro. 11:44 23 Jan 2018

Yes I agree morddwyd there is no reason why there should not be a bridge between Scotland and Ireland!

Just not in our time. Given long enough they will get a bridge over any gap no matter how long or costly. As my old grandfather used to say "we have been born too soon"

Cymro. 12:33 23 Jan 2018

So not only is Boris johnson going to find umpteen millions to build us a bridge he thinks we want he is also going to find the £100 million a week as extra NHS funding for the NHS. At least that is something most of us will wellcome I suppose.

bumpkin 16:03 23 Jan 2018

..not mention the inevitable rear end shunts as bored drivers start to play with media devices!

Good point Quickbeam, it is less likely that the train driver will spend most of the journey on his mobile phone.

Cymro. 11:38 24 Jan 2018

bumpkin less likely that the train driver will spend most of the journey on his mobile phone.

Always wondered if the rules regarding car driving and mobile phones also applied to train drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

The Best New Illustration and Graphic Design Talent from Brighton and Middlesex Universities

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

PlayStation 5 (PS5) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs