Is it because they are French?

Cymro. 10:24 26 Jan 2018

BBC link

I have always tried to believe that people are much the same all over the world although I do find it rather difficult to believe that to be so with a people who vote someone like Trump to be their president. So what do you make of this business with the cut price Nutella riots in France? I doubt if we Brits. would get so hetup if say Marmite or HP Sauce was sold at a reduced price. So what differences if any do you find from one nationality to the next?

x123 10:43 26 Jan 2018

I take it you have not heard of the iron bru riots?

tic

Belatucadrus 11:41 26 Jan 2018

Interesting that a nation that prides itself on it's couture and cuisine and lauds itself over its self perceived cultural superiority is not above getting in a punch up over cut priced tooth rottingly sweet nut paste.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité merde, donne moi que c'est a moi. Coppez vous that gros cul. Ooooof au secours, mamon aidez mois, ou sont les gendarmes. Biff Pan Zock.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:21 26 Jan 2018

Belatucadrus struggled to translate the last part of your post but agre with the rest :0)

alanrwood 13:36 26 Jan 2018

Don't see it as any different from the so called stiff upper lip English when they go to the Bpxing Day sales.

Aitchbee 14:21 26 Jan 2018

I take it you have not heard of the iron bru riots?

Yeah, but they've now fizzled out.

qwbos 15:13 26 Jan 2018

Cymro

Bad choice of iconic products. HP sauce now made in Netherlands with changed recipe and Marmite owned by Unilever.

I don't know what others think of Nutella, but I found it to be about the most sickeningly sweet substance I'd ever tasted.

wee eddie 20:01 26 Jan 2018

The same would probably happen in Glasgow if they dropped the price of Bucky to £1 a bottle

bumpkin 23:58 26 Jan 2018

Is it because they are French?

No. stupidity is not racist, it can effect anyone although Americans do seem to have susceptibility to it.

Quickbeam 07:05 27 Jan 2018

Marmite & HP Sauce is sold at reduced prices in B&M, but I dislike both intensely!

Old Deuteronomy 16:30 27 Jan 2018

I found it to be about the most sickeningly sweet substance I'd ever tasted.

Not only that, I believe it contains very few nuts and no real chocolate. I have always avoided it and have no intention of breaking the habit of a lifetime.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

Say aloha to the summertime vibes of artist Kim Sielbeck

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)