Hot Topics

It astonishes me that there are people

Forum Editor 17:16 14 Apr 2020

in our country who are so lacking in basic intelligence as to believe that the 5G mobile phone network is responsible for spreading coronavirus infections.

I know there are people who think that being close to the masts can cause brain damage, but viruses being spread around via radio frequencies? Come back Dan Dare, all is forgiven.

bremner 17:38 14 Apr 2020

I expect it from David Ikye but really disappointed by Eamonn Holmes comments.

BT 17:42 14 Apr 2020

5G uses the same radio spectrum that carried Analogue TV for 70 years. That is one of the reasons we moved to Digital TV, to make the wavelengths available for 5G. So why people think that 5G has any effect on people now than TV signals did for 70 years is laughable.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:38 14 Apr 2020

People are so gullible!

5G has definitely made things worse as idiocy can now be spread much faster via social media.

As for C19 do I need to isolate my phone now? :p)

bremner 19:51 14 Apr 2020

The frequency spectrum for 5G includes the 450 MHz to 6 GHz range in the sub 6GHz range click here

625 lines TV operated in the 471-853MHz range.

Condom 19:53 14 Apr 2020

Hello FE. Best of wishes from Albert Fitzwilliam Digby, Professor Jocelyn Peabody, Sir Hubert and Spry. Glad to know we are now forgiven. Dan Dare & the Mekon.

bremner 20:51 14 Apr 2020
  Forum Editor 22:51 14 Apr 2020

Condom

The Mekon - now there's a character that would not be out of place in Doctor Who.

Brumas 23:12 14 Apr 2020

Talking about Dan Dare, his crew and the formidable Mekon takes me right back to the sound of The Eagle plopping on the doormat. First thing I looked at was the fantastic cutaway drawings in the centrefold, halcyon days indeed...

x13 08:38 15 Apr 2020

Nothing really changes :))

HondaMan 10:04 15 Apr 2020

The Mekon - That brings back memories of Dan Dare, Digby etc and I think his ship was the "Zero" ?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 55U1 is the best new TV you can’t buy

How to get your first design job

What's the difference between macOS and iOS/iPadOS

iPhone 12 (2020) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs