ISP's

i.tech 17:05 07 Nov 2005

I've read many threads in the helproom about various problems with various ISP's. I was wondering which ISP's people have had a good expeience with. I've had great experience with NTL Home (over the cable network) and with Wanadoo (back when it was freeserve).

De Marcus™ 17:09 07 Nov 2005

Telewest, have been absolutely superb in every aspect for me. Considering I started my broadband 'life' out on a 512kb connection and had it upgraded 3 times to 4mb for free, you won't find me complaining. Customer service is also quick and knowledgeable.

i.tech 17:22 07 Nov 2005

Were you aware that Telewest is currently being bought out by NTL? As I stated ealier though I never had an issue with NTL home. Freedom on the other hand...

De Marcus™ 17:46 07 Nov 2005

Yeah, just hoping (perhaps in vein) that nothing changes at my end.

Chegs ® 22:35 07 Nov 2005

Eclipse were brilliant(if a tad pricey)when I used them.

Freeserve(good)back when I was ISDN

Tiscali=present,lousy speeds,lousy Tech Support.

Pipex=lousy speed,lousy tech support.

wolfie3000 18:05 08 Nov 2005

Beleive it or not i find aol great for all the slating they get there are a few niggles like the welcome screen but overall iv had no problems iv been with them for 3 years now.

i.tech 18:33 08 Nov 2005

Many of my friends have also had superb service via AOL, they mainly use it for the lack of a download limit. I am considering moving to plusnet as I have heard many good reports about them. I too have had lousy service via Tiscali.

DrScott 01:52 09 Nov 2005

I like freedom2surf - always working and reliable, some free webspace (50MB), and 2MB for my region (though in some areas up to 8MB!) 10GB cap. £19.99... lovely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?