Illuminated Keyboard

ajm 21:30 21 Oct 2009

If only it was wireless and bundled with a wireless mouse..click here

m800afc 03:29 22 Oct 2009

This is the one I use, A Saitek Eclipse 3, available for less than £40, and excellent in every respect.

click here

Quickbeam 08:49 22 Oct 2009

"backlit keys that are bright enough to let you type in the dark."
Why would one...?

dagbladet 09:26 22 Oct 2009

I've never considered it before. However, my keyboard is quite shaded from the screen by the upper shelf, unless i drag it right to the edge, then I cant rest my wrists. The room light is behind me so again the keys are shaded (by my chunky self). I'd consider one of these, though i'm a bit of a tight wad so I think about £15-£20 is probably my limit.

exdragon 13:28 22 Oct 2009

Stop it - I want one...NOW!

Don't need on at all, but I'm a sucker for anything bright and shiny, and as my other half complains that he hates my current MS ergonomic 4000 split keyboard, perhaps he should buy me one!

exdragon 14:53 22 Oct 2009

Glad I'm not the only one.

Forum Editor 18:25 22 Oct 2009

but I won't be tempted by the illuminated one. I have been using one of these click here for the past 18 months or so, and it's far and away the best keyboard I've ever laid my hands on. It looks beautiful, works perfectly, and each charge lasts around a month. I'll change when I find anything better, but I have seen nothing that comes close so far.

exdragon 19:17 22 Oct 2009

Another illusion shattered - thanks FE! I'll keep my cash for something else bright and shiny.

ajm 19:24 22 Oct 2009

My Amex card is half-way out considering buying from Amazon click here

......but I just wish there was a cordless version avaialble bundled with a cordless mouse

Forum Editor 19:30 22 Oct 2009

I really didn't intend to shatter any illusions - the illuminated keyboard looks very nice,and I'm sure the build quality is excellent but frankly illuminated keys are a gimmick.

My keyboard has lots of very pretty lights too, but they only illuminate when I touch a control, and then gently fade automatically.

I'll be interested to hear what purchasers think of the new keyboard.

exdragon 21:36 22 Oct 2009

FE - I meant thank you for stopping me! Deep down, I knew I was just being seduced by window dressing. The fact that it was as black as your hat here when I read the thread may have had something to do with it - I refused to put the light on at 1.30 and was peering at the keys.

Your keyboard looks lovely, but I couldn't justify the price, despite trying hard the first time you showed it to us.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone 11 Pro vs Huawei P30 Pro: How Pro should you go?

IBC 2019: new video tools from Adobe, Blackmagic, Lenovo and more

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Les meilleurs appareils connectés compatibles avec Google Home (2019)