If you do not want a smart meter fitted.

Aitchbee 21:31 21 May 2017
Answered

Just say no.

I was invited by letter and then by two phone calls from Scottish Power. I said that I do not a smart meter fitted.

Hope this helps anyone who gets a similar invitation.

Aitchbee 21:33 21 May 2017

erratum should read - do not want

bumpkin 22:08 21 May 2017

Not much use anyway if your supplier does not have the technology to read them anyway as I was told when they asked for meter readings.

Forum Editor 22:20 21 May 2017
Answer

We've had endless discussions about smart meters. If you don't want one, don't have one.

Aitchbee 22:27 21 May 2017

Thanks for your positive responses.

Aitchbee 22:32 21 May 2017

This post was just to reassure the many millions people in the UK who will be confronted with this ultimatum.

Belatucadrus 22:47 21 May 2017

Considering the reports that some "Smart Meters" go nuts if you use modern LED lighting, there seems to be an argument for saying no.

Click Here

Border View 22:54 21 May 2017

I have told them No three times.

rickf 23:21 21 May 2017

Had letter and phone call from EON as well. NO way am I going to have one until they are really smart.

BT 08:24 22 May 2017

All the Ads for these seem to be pushing the 'Accurate Bill' line.

Many people who pay by Direct Debit end up in Credit on their account because the companies charge an estimated monthly amount usually higher than actual use. Will the Smart Meter based bill be an actual amount based on useage? Probably not. The companies want to charge over the top as all those extra amounts make them an awful lot of money. I always thought that one of the original ideas of Direct Debit was that it could be a variable amount, but its not in their interest to use this facility.

My bills are always accurate bills. I submit my meter readings online and get an Instant accurate bill.

morddwyd 09:48 22 May 2017

I was under the impression it would eventually be compulsory.

I have no link, can anyone confirm or deny?

Having waited in all day for a "no show" a few years ago they'll need a court order before I let them in!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?