if ever there was a time for diplomacy

Forum Editor 10:55 09 May 2018

of the highest order, it is now.

Unfortunately, Donald Trump does not appear to be capable of joined up thinking when it comes to America's foreign policy.

rickf 11:08 09 May 2018

Nothing new here. He wants conflict/war, good for business. One would go mad to expect anything near reasonable from this i**. It could possibly put the N Korean negotiations at risk.Diplomacy does not exist in this administration. The appointment of Bolton kills it permanently. Trump+Bolton=Toxicity.America under him rules by fear and might. He does not understand that respect for a country and the way it conducts itself is of paramount importance. His own personal conduct shows that he has no sense of self respect and therefore not for others either.

Cymro. 11:25 09 May 2018

For Trump diplomacy takes too long. He is a man who whenever he wants something he wants it right now immediately, probably a low level of patients. War is for him an acceptable outcome. I hate to think what it must be like to work for somebody like him. He has no idea of playing the log game something all political leaders must be willing to do. Churchill was no hero of mine but he was spot on when he said "To jaw-jaw is always better than to war-war

rickf 11:52 09 May 2018

Unless Americans come to their senses and vote him out the next time the world will be so chaotic, the likes of which we have never seen before.

Belatucadrus 12:15 09 May 2018

As far as Trump's concerned it's another Obama project that must be expunged from history, whether it was working or not is irrelevant.

Aitchbee 12:21 09 May 2018

I hope our leader Theresa May can stick to her guns and declare 'That's a bad deal' and walk away from the Brexit talks if we don't get what we want.

Who knows, Trump might get the Nobel peace prize if he does well in North Korea talks.

It a funny old world.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:57 09 May 2018

Iran with nuclear weapons and "mad" at the west would be an absolute disaster for the world.

Edited to remove unacceptable content. Forum Editor 15:26 09/05/2018

Forum Editor 15:30 09 May 2018

"Iran with nuclear weapons and "mad" at the west would be an absolute disaster for the world."

Indeed, in fact any new State which undertakes the development of nuclear weapons would be bad for global stability, particularly if that country is in the Middle East region.

john bunyan 15:43 09 May 2018

If Trump demonstrates with Iran that the USA cannot be trusted to observe International Treaties, will Kim Jon Un trust their word on another one?

Quickbeam 08:42 12 May 2018

Trump doesn't do diplomacy, he shoots from the hip, he tweets from the hip, he does everything from the hip which conveniently bypasses his brain area.

I can't possibly say if that is a good or a bad thing...

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs