IE 7 HOW IS IT GOING ?

gel 11:28 11 Feb 2006

Hello
IE 7 in beta form has been avaiable for sometime now and I wondered about its capilbilities. I will admit that I have not downloaded it my self because to be honest I do not have the confidence to cope with any problems that may occur.But I know that there are many of you who like the challenge of 'new ' down loads.
I use Firefox but could be persuaded to move to IE 7 if it is better.
Your comments would be greatlt appreciated
gel

[DELETED] 11:43 11 Feb 2006

I had run beta 1 for many months and save the occasional blip it was very stable. I have had Beta 2 now since it became avaialable and have found it very buggy to the extent that I have had to revert to IE6.

It is undoubtedly a big step forward but I found the desktop to be very over cluttered and not particularly intuitive.

[DELETED] 13:28 11 Feb 2006

click here still doing ok. Needs a bit of concentration initially, I had to think where paste was just now, will make a final comment after the week is up.

gel 14:45 11 Feb 2006

Hello Monument
I have very briefly installed IE beta 7 and I am having some problems .Can you tell me how to uninstal IE beta 7 so that I too can revert to IE
Thanks
gel

gel 15:20 11 Feb 2006

Hello
I have now un installed successfully with Help from the HELP area of this forum
Thank you
gel

[DELETED] 11:12 13 Feb 2006

I installed the beta 2 two weeks ago and really like it. It seems like it has been designed from a blank piece of paper rather than a few bits added on to IE6.

Not had any problems so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple