Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 10

Brumas 10:07 21 Apr 2007

The Lobster Pot Inn – but where? Wherever it is I suspect it has been reluctantly dragged into the 21st century, losing its quaintness and originality in the process!

WTM – unless you have an amphibious truck I can’t see you having driven past this before ;o)

click here

Kate B 11:03 21 Apr 2007

Google contains references to only two Lobster Pot Inns on just seven pages. One is in Pembrokeshire and I don't think that's it as there's a picture of its front door on the BBC website click here that doesn't match the front door. I can't trawl through all the other results but the other Lobster Pot Inn is in Devon click here No picture immediately available but it's a candidate as it's right on the water, it seems.

Woolwell 11:23 21 Apr 2007

Don't think it is Hope Cove. click here

Brumas 11:31 21 Apr 2007

Yes, I googled it and found the same. Let's hope that someone, somewhere, has local knowledge and can positively identify it.

Brumas 11:32 21 Apr 2007

I have to agree with you.

Woolwell 11:41 21 Apr 2007

It looks like a tidal estuary or inlet. I think that the object on the slipway is a wheeled landing stage allowing passengers to alight from the boat. I wonder if there is a ferry crossing here?

Bingalau 11:55 21 Apr 2007

Brumas. I know a lot of pubs in Devon, but can't help you with this one. When our experts come up with the answer, I will make a point of having a look at it next time I am down there. (June this year is scheduled).

Brumas 12:58 21 Apr 2007

I really like the West Country but driving on the narrow 'sunken' lanes that twist and turn everywhere stresses me out too much! I like to be able to see what is coming and being able to pass oncoming vehicles without having to look for pull-ins or passing places!

By the way, mine's a Black & Tan - I don't mind waiting ;o)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:32 21 Apr 2007

Reminds me very much of one in Marloes Haverfordwest
Pembrokeshire, haven't been there for 15 years. perhaps one of our Welsh colleagues can help.

Kate B 14:42 21 Apr 2007

The picture I linked to earlier is the one in Marloes - it doesn't look like it but it's hard to know where the photograph was taken from, and it's been cropped.

anskyber 14:47 21 Apr 2007

The River Fal in Cornwall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?