Identification Longshot/Talking Point 96

Brumas 20:57 25 Jul 2008

Good Evening All
This is NOT one of my new style puzzles i.e. it is a mystery also to me and I do not know its location :o(
This little mystery was in amongst a bundle of postcards that has just recently come into Fran’s possession.
There are absolutely no clues on the back of this standard, divided back, unposted postcard.
click here

Mark5001 21:56 25 Jul 2008

First thought of Stamford,Lincolnshire.
click here
Second photo down.But the houses don't look quite the same.

mrwoowoo 22:15 25 Jul 2008

Houses look similar to aylesbury street, fenny stratford sheep market.
The fact that the photo is taken in a different position makes it harder.
I think this is going to be a very hard one.
click here

mrwoowoo 22:17 25 Jul 2008

Try again.
click here

Mark5001 22:55 25 Jul 2008

That does look promising.

Forum Editor 23:09 25 Jul 2008

look like Southdowns to me, if that's of any help.

Brumas 23:17 25 Jul 2008

That does help, at least we know what part of the country we are searching.

I was going to post "The Lord is my shepherd" but thought you might take offence and thought better of it ;o))

Bingalau 09:09 26 Jul 2008

The only thing that looks unusual to me are the type of hats being worn by the men, I would have thought farmers always wore a type of flat cap. There is a big difference in the roof tiles on some of the houses.

May I also comment on the FE's participation, I can't remember it happening before. Although of course, I am not usually right in anything to do with your puzzles Brumas. What's the difference between Southdown sheep and Northdown sheep? I always thought a sheep was a sheep.

Quickbeam 09:31 26 Jul 2008

If you look towards the end of the roww of houses, there appears to be one with a 'Dutch' style roof... So possibly a Fenland brick village.

Can you imagine the complaints from 'incomers' if we had markets like that now outside your house:)

Quickbeam 09:52 26 Jul 2008

The shop with canopy also looks 'Fenlands' by the style of the upper ornamentation and bay window.

There's also a few bricked up windows,they obviously didn't approve of the dastardly window tax.

And the dog, centre picture looks very 'streetwise'...

Brumas 10:28 26 Jul 2008

"And the dog, centre picture looks very 'streetwise'..."
only you Quickbeam, only you......;o))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?