Identification Longshot and Talking Point 2066

Brumas 21:56 25 Jan 2019

Good Evening All

This seems to be an Irish scene, a steam train over a nice lump of water ;o}

Brumas 22:59 25 Jan 2019

I can't keep pace with the responses tonight ;o} so I'll turn in, G'Night Folks.

Belatucadrus 23:01 25 Jan 2019

First thought was the Camus Great Northern railway bridge, but it's not quite right, the piers are too short and the metal lattice structure is wrong.

Belatucadrus 12:19 26 Jan 2019

Construction wise it's pretty similar to the Worcester rail bridge over the Severn, but it's too long for that.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:39 26 Jan 2019

Kent bridge Arnside or Laira Devon where my thoughtson first seeing this , need to find some pictures but have to go out this afternoon.

Brumas 12:40 26 Jan 2019

Belatucadrus, I think the postmark is Sion Mills which is in Co Tyrone.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:41 27 Jan 2019

There is only one rail bridge in Co Tyrone, over the river Mourne click here

Govan1x 12:40 27 Jan 2019

There is or was a Sion mills bridge which connected to the mills in Co Tyrone but is no longer in use. But I don't think it is that one. Could be I suppose.the pillars look about right but not sure about the top part

Belatucadrus 14:08 27 Jan 2019

I have spent entirely too long staring at old photos of rail bridges and found nowt. I am officially handing in the towel on this one, I surrender.

Brumas 14:11 27 Jan 2019

Belatucadrus, I know the feeling....!

Brumas 14:14 27 Jan 2019

As the card was published by Burrows, Photographer, Strabane we know it to be Irish but I do not think it necessarily has to be a view in Co. Tyrone - it could be anywhere in Ireland.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

The Best 404 Page Designs: from delightful illustrations to time-wasting games

Powerbeats Pro review

Que faire si le son de votre Mac ne fonctionne plus ?