Identification Longshot and Talking Point 2064

Brumas 20:53 25 Jan 2019

Good Evening All

All four of these unposted cards I should think are of the same place. They have a bog standard divided back and all are annotated with the number 2 091.

click here image description here]2

![enter

Brumas 20:54 25 Jan 2019

Oops, here is another from the same group.

Brumas 14:57 27 Jan 2019

I think I shall consign these to the bottom of the pile!

wee eddie 15:11 27 Jan 2019

I was thinking, somewhere like Lavenham in Suffolk, until I noticed the tall building on the right of the triptych.

Building style does not look like the Cotswolds, but they are dressed stone rather than brick

Aitchbee 15:56 27 Jan 2019

The building featured in the right-hand of the triptych looks like it may have been an old coaching inn at one time, ie. an inn with high archways for the horses and coaches to go through to the cobbled yard behind. An ostler would have been at the inn to change the horses while the passengers had some refreshment. Some of 'em were known as ‘Posting houses’ where horses to pull private coaches would be hired out and then changed at similar inns at the next large town.

Might be Amersham as a wild guess.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

The Best 404 Page Designs: from delightful illustrations to time-wasting games

Powerbeats Pro review

Que faire si le son de votre Mac ne fonctionne plus ?