Identification Longshot and Talking Point 2036

Brumas 21:59 31 Aug 2018
Answered

Good Evening All

A delightful study of a tram and passengers but what are the passengers? There appears to be two nurses posing with the occupants and most of the passengers seem to wearing military/civilian gear complete with medals, caps and badges.

QuizMan 22:49 31 Aug 2018

Quite a few similar vehicles here but no complete matches

QuizMan 22:57 31 Aug 2018

Also This - but still not a match

QuizMan 22:58 31 Aug 2018

Sorry, should have said 4th photo down on the right.

Brumas 23:14 31 Aug 2018

I'm turning in now Folks, G'Night All.

Belatucadrus 01:32 01 Sep 2018
Answer

Well the tram says Pleasure rides on the sign and there are nurses, the advertising hoardings reflected in the glass are English so I'm assuming it's in the UK. The men on the top deck may be wearing the same uniform jacket and trousers but have a variety of military hats, so I'm assuming they're patients at a military hospital. However they aren't wearing British hospital blues and one of them seems to be flying a makeshift Belgian flag.

So my guess is an assortment of WW1 wounded Belgian soldiers who've been evacuated to Britain for treatment and are out on a joyride before repatriation.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:52 01 Sep 2018

one of theses? click here

Brumas 17:25 01 Sep 2018

Belatucadrus, I think you're right on the money with this.

Brumas 17:26 01 Sep 2018

Fruit Bat /\0/\, happen so old pal ;o}

Aitchbee 18:57 01 Sep 2018

Belatucadrus's explanation get's my vote.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:28 01 Sep 2018

Probably from the royal Naval hospital in Chatham as it is a Chatham tram.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)