Identification Longshot and Talking Point 2028

Brumas 20:54 17 Aug 2018

Good Evening All

I have been looking through Fran’s remaining unidentified postcards and, whilst there are still about 40 or 50 left the majority are boringly hopeless i.e. single houses, village streets, ruined churches, faded village scenes etc with no discernible clues.

I might therefore not necessarily post IL/TP every week but only post when I find a slightly more interesting example which has a chance of being solved and sustaining some interest. As Fran is always accumulating postcards there is eventually bound to be some that meet our needs. Back in its infancy I can remember a fantastic postcard showing the interior of a aircraft propellor factory - that kept us going for weeks - we need a few more like that!!

A fine aerial view courtesy of AEROPICTORIAL LTD, REGENT ST. LONDON W1

enter code here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:24 18 Aug 2018

Thought it might have been Downside Abbey and school but can't find a suitable picture to match.

Govan1x 22:51 18 Aug 2018

Not the photos but from aeropictorial with a photo number on it. So tried the number on your postcard to aeropictorial and could not get the photo. The number is 29169 and I am assuming that is the postcard number. Any of you bright sparks out there know how to match it up.

Click here

Brumas 23:11 18 Aug 2018

Govan1x, I also tried to no avail.

Govan1x 09:47 19 Aug 2018

Keep looking at the round object and one not unlike it in Fruit Bat /\0/\'s selection. The photo looks wrong but I keep getting drawn back to it. Looks like a sun dial on top of it

Click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)