Identification Longshot and Talking Point 1154

Brumas2 22:33 01 Aug 2014
Answered

Good Evening All

This a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD of a golf course somewhere in the UK, unposted so no clues on the standard back.

click here

Brumas 23:03 01 Aug 2014

Woolwell I only drive one, does that count ;o}}

ened 07:50 02 Aug 2014

It's not Southfield Golf Club, Oxford is it?

Brumas 09:07 02 Aug 2014

ened I don't know, I was hoping you knew for sure ;o}

Aitchbee 23:57 02 Aug 2014

Looks like an elevated tee with majestic views of the surrounding countryside. I get the impression that we are looking at a couple of 'serious' golfers with their own personal caddies and a couple of referees to apply the complex rules of competitive golf.

Wild guesses:- Cathkin Braes Golf Course or Auchinairn Golf Club, Springburn - both on the outskirts of Glasgow. [I hit 109 strokes for the 18 holes at Auchinairn ... one of the strokes was extra-ordinally superb.]

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:54 03 Aug 2014

Does the ground look chalky? could it be in the SE?

Aitchbee 22:06 03 Aug 2014

A good approach shot would clinch it.

QuizMan 09:22 04 Aug 2014

Woolwell not Sandwich. I have been there a few times. Apart from the dunes it is far too flat around there.

john bunyan 14:58 11 Aug 2014

Jock1e

I knew you were very tenacious, but to go on a physical recce is above and beyond anything I can do!!!

Brumas 15:58 11 Aug 2014

Jock1e that prominent chimney and the end elevation and roofline definitely looks the same! I think you have cracked this one also.

Let us all know the location so that I can scan green-tick this one too.

Aitchbee 22:21 11 Aug 2014

Jock1e - A magnificent 'well done' on solving the 2 golfin' longshots, I am quite condident that you will achieve the quickest 'Grand Slam' this year and pipping that young Irish whippersapper Rory McIlroy, but it will be a close call ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs