I would like to start a NEW Movement

wee eddie 15:47 17 Feb 2019

"Clutter turns a House into a Home"

Cymro. 11:38 18 Feb 2019

My wife and I have just mover house from a three bedroom family house to a two bedroom sheltered accommodation flat. We lived in the house for over 44 years so as you can imagine a lot of clutter built up over all those years. As with many things in life clutter only becomes a problem when you try to do something about it. All in all our move went very well but the local charity shops will not need any more donations for a while.

KEITH 1955 11:47 18 Feb 2019

My wife used to be a horder but I started throwing things out without telling her. I am not overly tidy but wife annoys me for just not putting stuff back in the drawers she gets things out of , I once went to the pub and at one point I burst out laughing and told my pals my wife wont be able to get in bed yet as I have secretly filled it with all the things she wont put away , she was not happy.

A friend of mine is so house proud that every room looks like a magazine photo , its not normal because you feel uncomfortable if you sit down and crease a cushion.

Forum Editor 15:30 19 Feb 2019

'A tidy desk is the sign of a sick mind'.

The real saying is 'Tidy desk, tidy mind'.

Some time ago, an article in the Journal of Neuroscience reported on research which revealed that when people are in a cluttered environment they find it increasingly difficult to focus. It leads to a fall-off in productivity if you're working, and you are more likely to make mistakes. There's a reason why the Rolls Royce aero engine assembly areas in their new facility in Germany are like operating theatres - special lighting, spotless floors and not a sign of any unnecessary clutter.

In my case, real clutter in the home creates a sense of tension, and I become irritated by it.

Old Deuteronomy 15:45 19 Feb 2019

In my case, real clutter in the home creates a sense of tension, and I become irritated by it.

My wife hates clutter. I'm better than I used to be but, still don't really do tidy.

HondaMan 18:10 19 Feb 2019

My wife is always complaining about the state of my study, despite the fact that I can nearly always find what I want. However, on the odd timers when she "tidies" it things are lost, sometimes for weeks. My point is, it's MY mess and perhaps subconsciously I know where things are because I put them there. When she interferes I lose track of where things are

Aitchbee 18:33 19 Feb 2019

I'm ruthless with decluttering. I have regular clear outs and often find that when I think I've got something, I've cleared it out a couple of months earlier...

Quickbeam, that's what's known as throwing the baby out with the bathwater!

... a beginners mistake ;o]

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Nvidia’s Gaugan tech turns simple colour blocks into realistic landscapes

New AirPods 2 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

AirPower : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique