I would like to start a NEW Movement

wee eddie 15:47 17 Feb 2019

"Clutter turns a House into a Home"

Forum Editor 15:53 17 Feb 2019

I have a thing about clutter - I can't abide it. I don't mind a house looking lived in - pictures on the walls, books in bookcases, a few knick-knacks around the place - but genuine clutter brings on claustrophic feelings and is just plain irritating.

The problem is, where is the line drawn? One person's homely collection of familiar items is another's cluttered nightmare.

wee eddie 16:27 17 Feb 2019

My idea of hell is a white room with a single red gerbera on the mantlepiece.

Home may be the same room, decorated in the colours of your choice, with things you have been given or collected round about you

Aitchbee 18:25 17 Feb 2019

wee eddie, you need to get your fingers out.

click here

wee eddie 18:36 17 Feb 2019

Sorry, I don't see the relevance.

I watched one of the decluttering programs. The Host turned a family home onto a characterless shell

Aitchbee 18:49 17 Feb 2019

The fantasy world of TV does not genuinely reflect the real world, wee eddie.

FE is spot on when he says genuine clutter brings on claustrophic feelings and is just plain irritating.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:00 17 Feb 2019

its only clutter when you can't find what your'e looking for.

qwbos 01:34 18 Feb 2019

Many years ago, at the front of a desk piled high with paperwork behind which sat my boss at the time, was a sign which read 'A tidy desk is the sign of a sick mind'.

He could always find what he was asked for, no matter how bad it looked.

I'm with wee eddie. You can tell a lot about the occupier looking at their "mess".

And manicured gardens should be banned!

Pine Man 11:08 18 Feb 2019

When I saw the title I thought wee eddie was starting a new political party!

Quickbeam 11:30 18 Feb 2019

No that's on the gang of six thread!

Quickbeam 11:35 18 Feb 2019

I'm ruthless with decluttering. I have regular clear outs and often find that when I think I've got something, I've cleared it out a couple of months earlier...

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi A3 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours

Kristof Davos on how he designed this summer's must-have watch

Best Apple Deals of Amazon Prime Day 2019

Les 12 trucs et astuces Facebook Messenger à connaître