I wonder how Buffoon elect Trump...

Quickbeam 00:32 07 Jan 2017

...will deal with the evidence in the classified intelligence brief pointing to Putin's interference in the election?

On Twitter of course.

Forum Editor 16:42 07 Jan 2017

"But, what can they do. Once he has sworn the oath, he's President"

He is, and then it is all going to hit him - the economic nightmare, the seemingly insoluble foreign policy problems, the difficulties that will surround the implementation of his 'America First' policies.....and so on and so on.

He will discover that people stop smiling and cheering quite so much when a President doesn't deliver on the promises he made (on the record) to them when he wanted their votes.

He'll discover that simply saying you think global warming is a hoax isn't good enough when you are confronted with the realities of it. He'll be dismayed to find out that Putin just wants to manipulate him, after all, and that the Peoples Republic of China is far too powerful, both economically and militarily, to be pushed around by someone like him.

There are going to be massive learning curves in every direction, stretching as far as the eye can see and the trouble is, a lot of his senior advisers don't know much more about running an administration than he does.

Ronald Reagan was a political giant by comparison, and he had enough of a job getting to grips with things - if it hadn't been for his clever wife he would have failed dismally. Trump has a wife who speaks five languages, and is on record as saying she thinks her husband should behave more like a President, and give up his Twitter account right now. Perhaps she'll prove to be an asset - we'll see.

morddwyd 17:54 07 Jan 2017

I think the biggest shock for America is how they will suffer in world markets. Their economy is so big that they have been able to weather every storm, and pay little attention to world reaction.

That may be about to change.

Burn-it 00:09 08 Jan 2017

The most damning admission he has made so far was that he had no idea what the job involved when he stood, and only did it initially as a joke. I fear for the safety of the world with his finger on the trigger.

Quickbeam 06:34 08 Jan 2017

I don't do Twitter, but I do look every week on Trumps Twitter page to see how just puerile his inane drivelings can get!

Burn-it 17:46 08 Jan 2017

And those are after some of his worse uttereings were stopped??

Flak999 20:15 08 Jan 2017

I still find it hard to believe that the American population have elected Trump as president! It really is quite worrying what will transpire after the 20th Jan. I really do think that there will be some major foreign policy disaster instigated by this man! What will it take for impeachment proceedings to take place, and will it be far to late by then?

Forum Editor 22:31 08 Jan 2017

Flak999

"What will it take for impeachment proceedings to take place"

A lot.

Basically, the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee must initiate proceedings, and they would only do so if the President was accused of one or more of a list of offences. If a majority of two thirds of the members of the house votes for impeachment proceedings, the matter goes to the Senate, and a trial is convened.

Following the trial, the Senate votes and again, a two thirds majority is required to convict.

Then, a further vote is held to remove the President from office.

Belatucadrus 23:00 08 Jan 2017

Look on the positive side, four years from now they can cut out the interminable electioneering bore. All they need is to ask Vladimir who the winner is going to be.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:56 09 Jan 2017

I still find it hard to believe that the American population have elected Trump as president!

Electile dysfunction

wee eddie 09:57 09 Jan 2017

HA! HA! ~ Very neat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

The true inspiration behind Mr. Mime in Detective Pikachu - and why it's so hard to keep Pokémon…

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)