I wonder how Buffoon elect Trump...

Quickbeam 00:32 07 Jan 2017

...will deal with the evidence in the classified intelligence brief pointing to Putin's interference in the election?

On Twitter of course.

Forum Editor 00:51 07 Jan 2017

I imagine that he will deal with it by:-

1. Denying that the result of the election was in any way affected.

2. Heaping praise and respect on the wonderful US security agencies.

What else could he do?

Quickbeam 00:57 07 Jan 2017

That will be a bitter pill to swallow after what was said of him today regarding his attitude towards security.

wee eddie 02:38 07 Jan 2017

I'm just hoping that the CIA have more luck with him than they had with Fidel

morddwyd 09:58 07 Jan 2017

You can never accuse Trump of being distracted by facts!

Forum Editor 10:45 07 Jan 2017

Well, well - here's a surprise:-

"Since winning the election on 8 November, Mr Trump has repeatedly questioned US intelligence claims of Russian hacking. In a statement after the briefing, the president-elect declined to single out Russia, but said he had "tremendous respect for the work and service done" by those in the US intelligence community."

And now, just to add to the mix, he's blaming the Democratic national Committee, saying it was grossly negligent for allowing the hacking to take place.

That would be the hacking that he has repeatedly said didn't take place.

This is the man who hasn't even sat behind the Oval Office desk yet. The man who will shortly become the most powerful man on the planet, despite never having held a political office of any kind. Once he has to start dealing with the day to day work of running an administration, with all the home and foreign policy problems pressing down on him, I believe he will be revealed as totally inept, and unfit to hold office.

His supporters, once they realise that he is not going to deliver on all the wild, un-costed and impracticable promises he made during the election campaign are going to become disenchanted, to put it mildly.

Old Deuteronomy 11:13 07 Jan 2017

Once he has to start dealing with the day to day work of running an administration, with all the home and foreign policy problems pressing down on him, I believe he will be revealed as totally inept, and unfit to hold office.

I believe you will be proved right FE.

Quickbeam 12:28 07 Jan 2017

ditto...

wee eddie 13:25 07 Jan 2017

But, what can they do. Once he has sworn the oath, he's President

Quickbeam 14:05 07 Jan 2017

I think they'll have more control over him then, I hope...

lotvic 14:08 07 Jan 2017

Impeachment - but only after a mess-up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy A9 review: Hands-on

Can the Huawei P20 Pro really replace a digital SLR?

Surface Laptop 2 vs MacBook Pro

Où acheter un Mac ?