Hot Topics

I shall be absent on leave from Friday

Forum Editor 18:25 11 Dec 2019

until after Christmas (although I shall look in on the forums from time to time while I'm away), so now would be a good time for me to say my usual Christmas thanks to all of you for supporting us in 2019. We have been online now for twenty years, and I still haven't tired of our daily discussions.

I hope you all have a very Happy Christmas and a peaceful new year. I look forward to joining you as we put the world to rights in 2020, but in the meantime my usual thanks go to those of you who spot the spam for me all year long - I really appreciate your help.

Best wishes, and thank you again for supporting the best Tech site on the planet.

john bunyan 20:17 11 Dec 2019

FE

To you and all your colleagues.

Have a great Christmas and New Year. The forum is, thankfully, going relatively strong, and your regulars much appreciate that it is such a source of free advice and (mostly), non confrontational discussions with a bit of humour thrown in. Think of us as you open Santa’s sack wherever you are�

Old Deuteronomy 20:25 11 Dec 2019

Merry Christmas.

Brumas 21:53 11 Dec 2019

Forum Editor,

I hope your Christmas is restful not stressful and that you come back suitably refreshed in both body and soul.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:08 11 Dec 2019

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all!

Forum Editor 22:37 11 Dec 2019

"Think of us as you open Santa’s sack wherever you are�"

Of course I will.

Menzie 23:50 11 Dec 2019

Enjoy your time off! Merry Christmas.

Pablo de Catio 07:55 12 Dec 2019

"I shall be absent on leave from Friday"

How strange. This is not the first time you have taken leave prior to a special event, over the years. Are you thinking of moving i.e. anywhere near to number 10?

Just joking, I think.

Enjoy your time off and have a happy and stress free Christmas.

Forum Editor 08:10 13 Dec 2019

"Are you thinking of moving i.e. anywhere near to number 10?"

Absolutely not. I am deserting Britain in favour of a warmer country, but only for a couple of weeks.

Taff™ 16:24 14 Dec 2019

Have a good one FE!

Damn! 20 years really? I must have been a "Late Adopter" - only joined in 2002

bremner 18:53 14 Dec 2019

FE exactly did the Forum start?

I believe I joined some 6-12 months or so after the launch but can't believe it was so long ago

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Celebrate all those times brands took a stand (for good PR)

New iPad Pro (2020) release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2020)