I like this one!!

pj123 16:30 23 May 2006

Just received this email.

"DEPT OF TRANSPORT INITIATIVE, MAY 2006.
> >
Information Release.
> >
Due to the nature of the quality of driving in England the Department of Transport has now devised a new scheme in order to identify poor drivers and give good drivers the opportunity to recognise them whilst driving.

For this reason as from the middle of May 2006 those drivers who are found to be driving badly which includes:
overtaking in dangerous places;
hovering within one inch of the car in front;
stopping sharply;
speeding in residential areas;
pulling out without indication;
performing U turns inappropriately in busy highstreets;
under taking on motorways and
taking up more than one lane in multi lane roads,
> >
These drivers will be issued with flags, white with a red cross, signifying their inability to drive properly. These flags must be clipped to a door of the car and be visible to all other drivers and pedestrians.
> >
Those drivers who have shown particularly poor driving skills will have to display a flag on each side of the car to indicate their greater lack of skill and general lower intelligence mindset to the general public.
> >
Please circulate this to as many other motorists as you can so that drivers and pedestrians will be aware of the meaning of these flags.
> >
> >Department of Transport"

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:42 29 May 2006

It amazes and saddens me that so-called 'patriots' have to show their 'loyalty' by sticking cheap, garish, plastic and tacky flags made in China, on their cars. it says more about the owners of the flags than their pride in the UK.

G

Totally-braindead 19:26 29 May 2006

click here if you're sad enough.

BigRik 16:57 30 May 2006

My sentiments exactly.

I don't often agree with the tone you use in your posts, but on this occasion, you have hit the nail RIGHT on the head.

Well said.

WhiteTruckMan 21:42 30 May 2006

And anyhow, I've got two of them on my truck. I found them at the side of the road on my way to work. waste not want not.

WTM

Wrinkles 16:53 31 May 2006

Oh! how I wish I could escape the football, flags or no flags. My lot had 3 TV's on the go showing the England match last night. Nightmare stuff. As for the flags, Moron markers I call them.

Hi Gandalf, Still around then, it's been a long time. All well with you I hope.

iso9001 17:37 31 May 2006

Will this not effect peoples rights under the european human rights act?

Hertz Van Rentyl 14:03 06 Jun 2006

Hope all the people displaying these flags have the black ones to substitute after round 1

pj123 21:29 06 Jun 2006

I know nothing about football or who is playing who but my partner has just told me that these games are due to start soon. (She is not really a football fan but she knows quite a lot about sport in general and Athletics in particular). But she is a Rugby fan.

I wonder what will happen to these flags if England lose? Will they be set on fire or just stamped on?

pj123 17:55 07 Jun 2006

As said in another Thread this one is now "done to death"

I will tick it.

pj123 17:56 07 Jun 2006

As has been said in another Thread this has

"been done to death"

So I will tick it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Best of the Grad Shows 2018: Middlesex University art, illustration and graphic design

Best Mac tips, tricks and timesavers

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?