I never would have thought

Ancient Learner 19:53 01 Jul 2005

that I would ever do this. That is, buy clothes on the Internet.

I find it difficult walking these days, and going into a shop, or worse, a store, is something of a nightmare, as I fear that I won't be able to get out again before I become too distressed with my breathing. My clothes were getting too well worn to be reasonable to wear and I was trying to persuade my family to buy for me, then someone said to use the Internet.

Amazing; a complete success, easy sites to use, and the stuff arrived when it said it would and reasonably priced and decent quality.

I received a small parcel from Amazon this morning, no not clothes, and they wewre offering groceries ex one of the supermarkets, delivered with a £15 discount on the first order over £75.

Arthur Scrimshaw 20:23 01 Jul 2005

I'm glad it's worked out for you. It's always nice when things turn out better than you expect.

pat-212841 20:26 01 Jul 2005

I'm in a little village with no car so shopping on the internet is great for me as well ,you just have to check the postage if you shop on ebay .

Ancient Learner 21:57 01 Jul 2005

I will certainly try it again.

Kev.Ifty 22:13 01 Jul 2005

An aladins cave!! click here

;-)

Kate B 12:37 04 Jul 2005

I've occasionally succumbed to the temptation of click here ... fabulous stuff and wonderful, wonderful customer service. When your order goes through you get a phone call asking what time it would be convenient (usually that day or evening) for the delivery, then someone turns up bearing a deliciously packaged bag of your goodies. Some other internet companies could learn from this; and even better, although it has high-end merchandise it's often a bit cheaper than the real shops.

Ancient Learner 16:30 04 Jul 2005

Kate B, thank you for that, I do fully understand your enthusiasm for that site, but the things there might just cause a few comments if I wore them! :))

And, yes Kev.Ifty, you are quite right, and their delivery is alright too.

Kate B 17:35 04 Jul 2005

Ancient Learner, I guess you're not really a Jimmy Choo chick, are you? ;-)

Aspman 14:06 05 Jul 2005

I've bought from Figleaves for 'er indoors in the past and a couple of other designer things for her and I've bought shoes for myself.

Ancient Learner 16:02 05 Jul 2005

Alright. Just what is a 'Jimmy Choo chick' when it's about? I'm still having trouble coping with my grandchildren using 'well' instead of 'very', in for instance, 'well good'. Now if this is something that I can retaliate with I might gain some Brownie points!:-))

Kate B 18:58 05 Jul 2005

Not sure you'd get brownie points with the grandchildren, Ancient Learner: I'm a wannabe Jimmy Choo chick but I can't afford it. Jimmy Choo is a brand of very, very beautiful shoes - and very, very expensive shoes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?