Hot Topics

I have searched high and low.

wee eddie 10:33 26 Apr 2017

Two days ago, I lost my "sleep goggles". Now, as I work nights, anything that aids sleep during daylight hours is a boon, not to be sniffed at.

I have searched the whole house, floors, walls, hooks, drawers, everywhere that I can think they may have been put. Not a whiff of them.

So, I've just been onto eBay and ordered a new set.

I am now expecting to trip over them at any moment!

davecartman 07:59 27 Apr 2017

Have you looked in the mirror? Are they on top of your head?

BT 09:14 27 Apr 2017

I have searched the whole house, floors, walls, hooks, drawers, everywhere that I can think they may have been put.

I wonder just WHY you think they could be in all these places. In my experience with mine I find I have to take them off before I get out of bed otherwise I can't see where I'm going, consequently they tend to be put on the bedside table.

wee eddie 13:10 27 Apr 2017

The replacements have arrived, I bought 2 pairs, so there will be a backup available. Pretty quick. Only just over 36 hours from ordering

However, the wanderers have not jumped out at me ~~~ yet

lotvic 21:17 27 Apr 2017

Phew, you've now got a backup, that's a relief, you can sleep easy now :D

ps: Have you looked under the bed and down the back of the headboard for the wanderers?

flycatcher1 22:56 28 Apr 2017

I did Night Shifts of over 13.5 hours for 6.5 years about three days a week but never did find an easy way of getting to sleep during the day. Booze sometimes helped but care was needed to be ready for the next shift. Many of my fellow workers had a car accident on the way home post shift and I do not think that the work did us any good to our long time health. I have heard of some who thrive on night work.. but not me.

BT 08:59 29 Apr 2017

I did Night Shifts of over 13.5 hours for 6.5 years about three days a week but never did find an easy way of getting to sleep during the day.

Similar to me for 20 years, along with constantly swapping between day and night shifts. I would get to bed at about 7am and be wide awake at 11am. I would feel awful most of the time. It was like having constant jet lag. Day shift wasn't much better as I had to be up at 4.30am.

It took me several years after I finished work to get back to a regular sleep pattern, i.e. sleeping every night, but I still tend to wake up as soon as it starts to get light. When I was at work I had a Blackout blind which helped a bit but now I use the sleep mask and it does make a difference.

When I bought my latest sleep mask it had an 'instruction' leaflet that had the stern warning "Not to be used while driving". Like I would!

wee eddie 11:50 29 Apr 2017

I use the goggles that the Tanning Saloons use. You can see through them but they block all blue light and none gets round their edge as they fit flush to the eye socket.

I found that with a Sleep Mask, I have tried many different designs, daylight would creep around the edges and tell my body that it was time to wake. I have become convinced that it is the shorter wavelengths of light that the body responds to

wee eddie 21:55 30 Apr 2017

All's well as ends well.

The replacements are a fractionally different shape and much more comfortable. Even though the old ones weren't uncomfortable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €