I doubt if any Forum member would pay this charge

Cymro. 09:38 16 Mar 2018

BBC link

I am no computer expert but even I don't need to pay extra to Currys to set up a new computer in the unlikely event I should ever buy one from them that is.

HondaMan 09:55 16 Mar 2018

Some people need that basic help to get started. Using a computer for the first time can be a very daunting experience, and not only for the silver-surfers. Even simply seeing someone else using your new acquisition can be helpful.

sallink 10:09 16 Mar 2018

I agree that some users need help, but not asking if they want that service in the first place is not exactly right. Although, they maybe didnt intend to do so it looks to a observer they are running the scam get money quickly. What they dont see is that, that particular customer will no longer return, ever, and will badmouth the company.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:46 16 Mar 2018

No worse practice than airline prices with all the extra "add on" prices when you get to the airport.

Yes it's bad practice and puts off customers - next they'll be trying to sell you an extended warrenty :0)

x123 13:23 16 Mar 2018

The wife bought a tassimo coffee disk machine around 3 years ago. The cost was around £45.

She received a reminder that the warranty was about to run out, 3 years manufacturers, and she could buy an extra years warranty for £107.

It was listed as a tassimo laptop computer. Now it makes decent coffee but a laptop?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment savoir si quelqu'un a bloqué votre numéro de téléphone ?