I don't wish to be PM, says Jacob Rees-Mogg

Cymro. 11:41 27 May 2018

We have had a go at all sorts of people on this Forum over the years but as far as I can remember never at Jacob Rees-Mogg. So what are we to make of him then? I never thought he had any chance of becoming P.M. but then they do sometimes elect the strangest of people to such jobs.

Cymro. 11:44 27 May 2018

BBC link

I suppose I had better post you the link so you have some idea what I am MOIDERING about

Teabag. 11:49 27 May 2018

I watched him on Marr.

I don't usually accuse anyone of telling porkies but think he was.

They did make corbyn leader of the labour party, so anything is possible.

Old Deuteronomy 15:33 27 May 2018

He is so far out of touch with reality he should never be allowed to be PM. As for his views on Brexit, just another Tory who wants to prioritize ideology over what is best for the country.

bumpkin 15:52 27 May 2018

He is so far out of touch with reality he should never be allowed to be PM.

Trump became President of USA so don't rule it out.

Aitchbee 16:48 27 May 2018

Rees-Mogg is currently 4/1 clear favourite to be the next Prime Minister after Mrs T. May.

LastChip 17:23 27 May 2018

"He is so far out of touch with reality he should never be allowed to be PM".

Really? There's plenty of people that would agree with him on various things, but not necessarily all.

So what's different about him to any other any other politician? I've never come across one yet that I can agree whole heartedly with.

There's still plenty like me, who want this Brexit shambles to stop and just leave.

The way it's going, I doubt I'll live to see the day my beloved country is returned to it's people.

wee eddie 18:47 27 May 2018

You may not agree with him but the choice may be simple. Him, Bo Jo, or Corbin!

Quickbeam 18:51 27 May 2018

Of course he want's to be PM, but I recall that Douglas Hurd ruled out standing for PM after Thatcher because he though that he was too much of a toff and the country doesn't vote for toffs anymore.

JRM is super toff, he makes Douglas Hurd look like a candidate with street cred appeal!

HondaMan 21:05 27 May 2018

There's still plenty like me, who want this Brexit shambles to stop and just leave.

hear, hear. Let's just do it

Quickbeam 07:52 28 May 2018

If only the way to Utopia was as simple as JRM & Co claimed it would be...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch