I am going to be in France for ten days or so

Forum Editor 21:59 25 May 2015

from Tuesday 26th May. I'll be in the forum as usual, but at odd hours.

Please bear with me if you email me and have to wait a little longer for a response.

morddwyd 20:27 01 Jun 2015

Don't know what sort of Gascony countryside you are in, but I've always thought there's something peculiarly satisfying about sitting in a vineyard drinking its product, getting the benefits of its sunshine both inside and out!

Forum Editor 20:28 02 Jun 2015

morddwyd

I am in an old farmhouse with rolling fields and woodland as far as I can see in all directions. The loudest sound is birdsong, and today it was 28 degrees. The water in the pool was 27 degrees.

I could stay forever.

Forum Editor 07:12 06 Jun 2015

By way of an update - we stayed an extra night in a Toulouse hotel last night. Our car was sideswiped by a French lorry as we were on the way to the airport. We were both pretty shocked, but otherwise OK - the brand new Avis car is a total write off. Thank goodness for modern cars with their multiple airbags, those on my side saved me from being showered with broken glass as the lorry slammed sideways into the driver's side at 70 kph. C'est la vie. - returning later today.

Brumas 12:36 06 Jun 2015

FE, as you are over there have you, or any of your acquaintances, any ideas what IL/TP 1353 is all about?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:02 06 Jun 2015

Glad everyone is OK, a side swipe can be very nasty.

Hope you paid for the extra cover ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Review: Hands-on

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Les meilleures enceintes connectées avec écran tactile (2019)