Huawei Mate X for €2299 ?

Old Deuteronomy 20:13 24 Feb 2019
Answered

Is it just me, or has the top end of the smartphone market gone completely doolally?

wee eddie 20:39 24 Feb 2019

I suppose that it's the equivalent of a Bugatt Veyron. You don't need to buy one, but hell, why not

Forum Editor 12:46 25 Feb 2019
Answer

This device is more of a tablet than a phone, but even so, the price does seem inordinately high.

Prices will tend to tumble as sales rise, and the second generation model comes along. They'll have to tumble a very long way before I would consider buying one.

wee eddie 00:53 26 Feb 2019

Building a Phone into a Tablet should not be such a big deal, after all they share about 50% of the hardware

Menzie 00:59 26 Feb 2019

It's also a foldable device, that's a trend that is always currently very expensive.

Old Deuteronomy 09:48 26 Feb 2019

Im still waiting for SS Galaxy Fold.

That one is also ludicrously expensive and I for one am not prepared to pay the price of being an early adopter. It is also far to early to see if the folding screen is durable.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?