How's this for paranoia or am I losing the plot!

wee eddie 17:10 07 Dec 2018

Mrs Teresa May was a Remainer before the Referendum voted for us to leave.

What if she is still a Remainer and making the Negotiations so complex and the terms, so unacceptable that, at the last moment, we decide to Remain!

Govan1x 10:57 13 Dec 2018

I thought that only the official opposition could force a no confidence vote?

Actually any party can put in a vote of no confidence providing they have the backing of largest party which would be the Labour Party.

If they asked for a vote now they would have a good chance of winning it FE as the Tory Party does not have the backing of the DUP Party.

Another back hander to the DUP might get them back a lot quicker and I am sure the PM has already thought of that and has probably got an offer that they cannot refuse ready for that purpose.

The question has to be asked as the PM has very little chance of getting anything passed through the house of commons without them and maybe others on her side.

Unless the PM can come up with a quick solution to the Brexit problem she is not going to survive much longer.

Anyway that is the way I see it happening. It may not but it will not be the first time that I have been wrong.

Govan1x 11:07 13 Dec 2018

Well I agree with the 2nd half of you post qwbos but will agree to disagree with the first part.

We will see if Labour has the bottle for no confidence vote or not.Like you i don't believe they have anything new to add except a 2nd referendum maybe when they have already said Brexit means leave.We all know that they are just out to drag votes away from the CON party to further their chances of winning future elections.

When I typed con party i meant conservative party but somehow the con party looks right.

Quickbeam 11:34 13 Dec 2018

Qwbos

Might we take it that the SNP are not endearing themselves to you...?

wee eddie 11:44 13 Dec 2018

The only thing that surprised me was the size of her majority.

Such a challenge has been on the cards for quite a while, but few conservatives want an election in which many would lose their seats and, potentially, allow labour into Government.

qwbos 12:26 13 Dec 2018

Quickbeam

My first 'contact' with the SNP was in the mid seventies. A door stepper launched into the shortcomings of the other parties standing, ending up with a description of the Lib Dem (or was it a Liberal then?) as 'he's just a Tory in disguise'. A good disguise indeed, as he was a she!

And that's the style of the SNP. Never tell the truth when a blatant lie works better.

Much of their 'Scottish' branding is false. Haggis came with the Romans. Tartans didn't 'appear' till the 1800s and so called 'Highland dress' was the creation of an English queen (how apt) - Victoria. Bagpipes originated in the far east and appear to have got drastically worse, louder and less tuneful, when they came north. So what's left. Irn Bru, deep fried Mars Bars and not a lot else.

Their 'Braveheart' statue of RtheB outside Marischal College in Aberdeen says it all. Where did RtheB get an Arab from in the early 1300s?

In government, local or national, they're about the most incompetent bunch of numpties I've ever experienced.

Forum Editor 12:53 13 Dec 2018

"Where did RtheB get an Arab from in the early 1300s?"

Well now, that's an interesting point - he would not have ridden an Arabian horse, he was mounted on a 'small Palfrey' (or Jennet, as they were sometimes known) at the battle of Bannockburn.

The modern day descendants of Palfreys are Peruvian Pasos, and they bear little resemblance to the horse in the sculpture. The Arab look is striking, and that, no doubt, was the guiding factor as far as the sculptor was concerned.

qwbos 15:11 13 Dec 2018

FE

Even more surprising is that RtheB wasn't made to look like Mel Gibson!

There was an interesting program a few years back about Braveheart. Listening to the bloke who wrote the screenplay, the only 'factual' content was the existence of RtheB, and references to the odd set piece. The rest was made up.

That hasn't stopped the SNP milking it, nor a generation of snowflakes (of all ages) swallowing it hook, line and sinker then developing a cultural chip on their shoulders.

Quickbeam 17:26 13 Dec 2018

William Wallace fact or fiction.

Aitchbee 18:58 13 Dec 2018

Thanks, QB. A very interesting watch.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Inside the redesign of the world's largest computer games platform, Steam

Apple TV Plus streaming service launch, release date and price

Apple TV+ : date de sortie, prix et catalogue