How's this for paranoia or am I losing the plot!

wee eddie 17:10 07 Dec 2018

Mrs Teresa May was a Remainer before the Referendum voted for us to leave.

What if she is still a Remainer and making the Negotiations so complex and the terms, so unacceptable that, at the last moment, we decide to Remain!

john bunyan 17:37 07 Dec 2018

I think she has worked tirelessly to do her best to “obey the will of the people “. She seems an honest person with an impossible task, sniped at by true hard line remainers and extreme Brexiteers like IDS , Johnson, Rees Mogg etc who have forgotten that politics is the art of the compromise. I am sorry for her.

BT 17:56 07 Dec 2018

She seems an honest person with an impossible task

Not helped by the intransigent EU negotiators who had/have absolutely no intention of any sort of deal other than on totally their terms

Quickbeam 18:23 07 Dec 2018

You're correct, you have severe case of paranoia!

Personally I believe that had Boris or similar been negotiating he and his bustering brusque and bullying style would have gotten us much less. Don't forget that Boris wanted a bespoke deal, this is what the May deal is. It's not perfect, but bombing out is less perfect.

The Attorney General said that it an element of calculated risk in it, yet some hardliners would rather take the wholly reckless risk associated with bombing out. I'm an absolute remainer, if you hadn't already noticed, but I can live with this compromise to move us on from the bickering stage.

Right now it is Parliament's complete indecision that is the major problem in the delivery of Brexit. And if Brexit delivery fails after next week's vote, it will collectively be our parliament, the hardliner leavers, the dedicated remainers, the opposition, the DUP, the SNP. Not the EU, or the PM, or the public remoaners that would have caused it.

But I won't remotely be disappointed if Brexit doesn't materialise as a result of our gross parliamentary incompetence.

Quickbeam 18:30 07 Dec 2018

"Not helped by the intransigent EU negotiators who had/have absolutely no intention of any sort of deal other than on totally their terms"

Looking at it open mindedly from their point of view, that's a very bumpkinly statement. What did you expect? Everything that was on Boris's bus...

MJS WARLORD 18:39 07 Dec 2018

I did not like mrs thatcher because of how she spoke down to people , regardless of what you thought of her if she said something was going to happen or not happen she stuck to her guns. In the end it was the newspapers who decided she had to go and they never let go till she went.

Lets hope they don't do the same to mrs may because again regardless of what you think she has a difficult job to do.

Aitchbee 18:58 07 Dec 2018

How's this for paranoia or am I losing the plot!

I'd say it's more of a pantomime now.

Oh yes it is!

Quickbeam 19:09 07 Dec 2018

It's behind you!

Aitchbee 19:17 07 Dec 2018

But I won't remotely be disappointed if Brexit doesn't materialise as a result of our gross parliamentary incompetence.

17 million leave voters will be. Anarchy will rule.

Quickbeam 19:21 07 Dec 2018

We don't do anarchy, we're British.

rdave13 19:29 07 Dec 2018

A conspiracy theory is always refreshing. What isn't is that MPs decide to ignore the will of the people and instead of aiding the exit from the EU they all cluck about and make it as difficult as possible for the Prime Minister, and this country, to leave.

So much for politicians.

From the BBC;

The UK is leaving the European Union on 29 March - it's the law, regardless of whether there is a deal with the EU or not. Stopping Brexit would require a change in the law in the UK and - it is widely thought - the agreement of the rest of the EU, under the terms of Article 50. A European Court of Justice judge has said the UK could cancel Brexit without the consent of the rest of the EU, but the court has yet to deliver its final verdict on this point. Prime Minister Theresa May has warned Conservative MPs thinking of voting against the deal she has reached with the EU that they risk "no Brexit at all". This is a reference to another referendum, which is backed by some MPs, who want the public to be given the final say, with the option to remain in the EU.

MPs, who want the public to be given the final say, with the option to remain in the EU.

What? The public had a final say on Thursday 23 June, 2016.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable