Hot Topics

How to stop paying for a TV licence

Govan1x 08:19 02 Jul 2020
Answered

Now I would like to know the legitimate way on how to stop paying for a TV Licence.

I have it free till the end of the month as I previously had a free over 75 Licence.

Now as it is i would prefer to pull out all my remaining teeth with a pair of pliers rather than paying for a TV Licence.

Now I suppose it is just a matter of pulling out any TV connection cables and using the likes of Netflix etc.

Any other things that I would need to do.

The way I see it is that there are so many people refusing to pay for a TV licence so that they are now expecting the elderly to start paying because of their loses elsewhere. So time to get out of it for me.

No big deal as all I had was freeview channels.

Not sure if you need a TV cable to watch the likes of Netflix or not I have a smart TV so not sure if it works without cable.

Any other advice welcome on how to stop paying and viewing legitimately.

Govan1x 09:00 02 Jul 2020

Ok found my first step on how to contact them and declare that you no longer need a licence.

Click Here

Govan1x 09:17 02 Jul 2020

Did not mean to post that so quickly.

Meant to add that over 3 million pensioners over the age of 75 will need to buy a licence now. I think its £167 odds nowadays. And of course those that have turned 75 will also have to pay so that should make a big difference on what is being paid.

I think my pension is just about £10 over the cut of mark for a free Licence but will need to check it out to be sure.

I have been reading up on most of the does and do nots and that I have to get rid of BBC iPlayer. Not sure about ITV can you still watch that in any way.

Old Deuteronomy 09:57 02 Jul 2020

Not sure about ITV can you still watch that in any way.

You need a licence if you watch, or record, programmes as they are transmitted but, you do not need a licence to watch the catch-up service.

Cymro. 10:41 02 Jul 2020

So how many people need to use any advice on this posting and stop paying for a TV licence and force the authorities to increase the cost to the rest of us? Nothing is for free in this world the less who pay now the more the rest of us will end up paying.

Pine Man 10:46 02 Jul 2020

click here,catch%20up%20or%20on%20demand

Dunk 10:55 02 Jul 2020

How will anyone know if you watch live TV? Legally, are they able to demand/force an entry to your property?

Why should BBC be paid for me watching ITV?

Has anyone ever been fined the £1000?

The 'licence' situation has always been a bit ludicrous, time for a complete overhaul.

Pine Man 11:09 02 Jul 2020

Cymro

Nothing is for free in this world the less who pay now the more the rest of us will end up paying.

I couldn't agree more. There are too many people trying to avoid paying for what they are legally obliged to pay for. Selfish, unlawful and still a criminal offence.

wee eddie 11:32 02 Jul 2020

£3 a week - £12 a month - I admit that some are close to the breadline will find it difficult but, most will have no problem as they appear happy to pay for Sky, Disney or Whatever, at 4 times that figure.

wee eddie 11:36 02 Jul 2020

Last year, in the Taxi, I had a conversation with an elderly man about the TV License which he objected to paying, as he was skint.

As the conversation progressed, it turned out that he had a Season Ticket to Rangers and Sky, as he felt that it's sports coverage was best

Govan1x 13:17 02 Jul 2020

I suppose if we have to wait 75 years for a free TV licence we can be a bit aggrieved when they take it away.

We all know that it is because there are less folk buying a TV licence that they are now making us pay for it.

I am not looking for anyone to join me in this just looking for advice on how to do it.

£3 a week just to watch free view channels. The free sounds good but not if you have to pay.

My own view is that it is not worth paying and I think it is about time that the public got a vote on whether we should be paying BBC for a Licence or not.

The last vote was a bit of a fiasco when it was only MP's that were allowed to vote and they voted for what there party wanted and not what the people wanted.

maybe some of you can even remember when BBC showed nearly all sport live which was also great for the kids that watched it.

What do you get now. Not a lot so that is one reason why I am leaving, The other is i just think most BBC programs are pretty crap and there news service is poor and they are biased against most political party's except the ones in power at the time. I just cannot think of any BBC program that I actually watch.

Then I suppose we had Boris promising us that senior citizens would not have to pay for a TV licence under his watch and I believe that I read or heard somewhere that it was actually Boris that gave the BBC the idea of charging us.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Five things you need to know

Marco Oggian's Dreams and Nightmares explores our global anxiety in 2020

Apple releases the public beta for macOS Big Sur

AirPods : comment résoudre un problème de connexion ?