How to remove Car window marks

martd7 16:14 06 Dec 2018
Answered

From when previous owner had sunshades on each rear window,

When the car mists up a bit i can see on each rear window circular sucker marks from the sunscreens that have been on the windows,cannot see or feel anything when the windows are clear.

I have tried,windowlene,washing up liquid,white vinegar,even liquid flash

Any ideas welcomed

Quickbeam 17:25 06 Dec 2018

It must be rubber residue that causes it. Try white spirit or those acetone impregnated nail polish remover swabs.

Aitchbee 17:26 06 Dec 2018

Lidl were selling specialized 500ml cleaning sprays [ all labelled CLEAN-OLOGY ] from Nov 08 so there might be some left.

Look out for the orange-coloured one which is specially made for glass, windscreens and mirrors etc ... £2.50 a bottle.

Contains lemongrass & orange essential oils.

Quickbeam 17:31 06 Dec 2018

"Contains lemongrass & orange essential oils"

That'll be particularly beneficial for doing a dab behind each ear!

lotvic 17:52 06 Dec 2018

Try rubbing with kitchen roll paper with WD40 on it, then wash that off with washing up liquid.

Or try baby wipes, they are a good all rounder for cleaning.

BT 18:00 06 Dec 2018

If you have, or can borrow a steam cleaner with a squeegee attachment it could well do the job. I find mine is marvellous for cleaning the glass shower doors when all else fails.

Quickbeam 18:39 06 Dec 2018

BT

Never thought of that for my shower, I've only ever used the wallpaper steaming tool!

wee eddie 20:09 06 Dec 2018

There's a risk of using a Steam Cleaner on glass. You might cause it to shatter

martd7 20:32 06 Dec 2018

Thanks everyone,tomorrow I will first try the white spirit,I'll only know if it's worked when the windows steam up as I said cannot see it or feel it when they're clear,if that doesn't work I will try Wd40

bumpkin 20:52 06 Dec 2018

Just my experience but nail varnish remover got permanent red marker pen (lots of it)off a yellow plastic casing on an expensive drill my son put it on to identify it as his on site. It was unused but he wanted to exchange it for another one. We tried just about everything else to no avail inc petrol but NV remover did it and it was accepted for exchange at the buying price.

Quickbeam 21:35 06 Dec 2018

NV remover is also acetone, and at one time was an acceptable food flavouring in pear drops!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Windows Lite: what it is and when it might be released

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment installer Fortnite sur un Mac ?