How many wasted items have you bought.

bumpkin 20:23 05 Apr 2017

I do like gadgets but so often find them short lived or just useless in the first place. Examples re-chargeable vacuum cleaners, electric can openers , toasted sandwich makers and endless other junk. What are your experiences?

Aitchbee 12:21 06 Apr 2017

I am hoping to buy a couple of battery-operated nail buffers at my local bigname store today ... one for each foot ;o]

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:56 06 Apr 2017

Just been playing with the latest - microwave egg poacher.

Would be just as quick in a saucepan and probably less rubbery.

Cymro. 16:05 06 Apr 2017

The built in Webcam on my computer had backed in so I tried all the recommended things about downloading drivers and such like all to no avail. So I buy myself (well wifa actually as she is the only one who uses it) a new Webcam the sort you clip on the top of your screen. So got home installed it, no problem. So a few week later when the wife was with the grand kids on Skype I noticed the little indicator light next to the built in Webcam was alight. For some reason installing the new Webcam had got the original built in one working. Perhaps something to do with the new camera driver. The new Webcam cost £25 plus time and petrol to get it, say a total of £30. So say at £15 an hour I could have spent a couple of hours sorting it out myself. Never mind at my time of life my time comes free and anyway could I have fixed it in two hours, probably not.

bumpkin 18:08 06 Apr 2017

An electric car heater that flattens the battery before even defrosting the windows. A green lazer pen, not to forget the electronic tape measure that will give a rough size of a room but useless for anything else.

oresome 11:52 07 Apr 2017

We've a nice selection of corkscrews, foil cutters and bottle stoppers. All the wine we purchase now comes with a screw top.

I have a selection of electric shavers, mainly because I have a habit of going on holiday and forgetting to take one with me.

Vacuum cleaners............we have two full size Dyson's, two handheld mains vacuums, one small battery vacuum handy for taking crumbs off the table, one full size Hoover battery vacuum and a carpet shampooer.

Not bad for a one up, one down with laminate flooring!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:20 07 Apr 2017

oresome sounds as if you're a bit of a "sucker" when it comes to purchasing vacuum cleaners.

:0)

bumpkin 16:01 07 Apr 2017

I was tempted to buy one of the round robot ones which you don't see much about now.

oresome 16:29 07 Apr 2017

Following on from my wise purchase of a Philips V2000 video recorder, I went on to purchase a Sony Minidisc player/recorder.

Old habits die hard and I've continued in the same vein, purchasing a Windows phone.

I like the underdog, but the manufacturer gives up and lets me down.

bumpkin 20:55 07 Apr 2017

Another that I have just remembered and once bought, the waterspray like a shower hose that you pull out of your kitchen worktop to spray the washing up with. Quicker and easier just to use the tap.

amonra 08:56 09 Apr 2017

Thank you oresome, you brought a smile to my face on a sad, unfriendly morning. I can see myself doing the same things over and over again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The new Xbox is called the Xbox Series X

The best new design books

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Amazon : plein de r├ęductions sur des produits Logitech G