How many wasted items have you bought.

bumpkin 20:23 05 Apr 2017

I do like gadgets but so often find them short lived or just useless in the first place. Examples re-chargeable vacuum cleaners, electric can openers , toasted sandwich makers and endless other junk. What are your experiences?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:33 05 Apr 2017

Loads over the years

nose hair trimmer and mp3 player spring to mind :0)

bumpkin 21:26 05 Apr 2017

That's a starter, little portable lamps that switch on at night when someone near, cost more in batteries than leaving the house light on all night.

Brumas 21:34 05 Apr 2017

Tumble dryer internal condenser, you know that stupid setup using a hose and box! The next week I had the plumber knock through the outside wall and fit a proper vent!

wee eddie 22:03 05 Apr 2017

NAS Drive. I thought that I might start watching movies and was going to downsize from a PC to a Tablet. Then someone lent me one and the experience was most unsatisfactory. So I got a new PC

bumpkin 22:12 05 Apr 2017

* that stupid setup using a hose and box*

Not seen one Brumas but pretty useless I would think unless your tumbler HAS to on an internal wall.

bumpkin 22:18 05 Apr 2017

Never had a NAS drive, not even sure what it does, perhaps I should get one because other people have them. If anyone here has one I would like their comments.

bumpkin 22:23 05 Apr 2017

I have never had a Bread Maker but a few of my friends have and initially announced how brilliant they are. When I visit them a month later no sign of the thing.

wee eddie 22:26 05 Apr 2017

Basically, a NAS Drive acts as extra storage, available to all the Devices in your household, and also a permanent backup device available to all devices connected to your Network

Aitchbee 22:34 05 Apr 2017

I bought knee-pads-on-wheels for working on hard floors as I've got dodgy knees. Still in box.

bumpkin 22:38 05 Apr 2017

wee eddie, so is it just a ssd in a fancy box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Explore Milton Glaser's iconic poster designs from the 1960s to present, including Bob Dylan, I…

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts