How long into your sleep before you start dreamin

Blackhat 03:16 25 Sep 2018

And do you remember them? I always thought it was at stage 4 (REM) after a few hours but I can wake up remembering dream details after 10-20 minutes. I can remember some from up to 40 years ago

Govan1x 10:51 25 Sep 2018

Blackhat

Dream on.

So when do you start dreaming. at the start of your sleep. In the Middle or at the end. I would assume at the end as it usually wakes you up.

I used to dream that I was the master of my house until I realized it was my wife.

Blackhat 11:22 25 Sep 2018

Govan1x. I start dreaming within 10-20 minutes of sleep start. I will sometimes be aware of the time, dream & then wake up half hour after nodding off with vivid memories of my dream. Last night I went to sleep at about 11:30pm, woke up just after 12 remembering good detail of my short dream. I started in the back garden of a house that was running a taxi business, trying to fix my car on the lawn, then had to get 2 parts to fix a door, for some reason I collected parts from a local cafe,when I got back to the garden it was full of rather ugly women all chain smoking, it went on for a while longer but you get the drift.

Aitchbee 16:35 25 Sep 2018

I can remember some from up to 40 years ago

Me too., in that some nightmares relate to stressful moments when I was a worker with BT but most of my dreams [I think] occur when I'm in that fuzzy, 'almost awake' phase.

Old Deuteronomy 17:00 25 Sep 2018

Everybody dreams every night and you won't be aware of most of them. You are only aware of a dream if you happen to be dreaming as you are about to wake-up.

As for the question: I have no idea when I first start dreaming, I'm asleep...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:04 25 Sep 2018

I dream every night - just wish I could have a good solid sleep without dreams and wake up fully refreshed.

MPN1A 18:39 25 Sep 2018

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Me too! And why such ridiculous dreams and why so many repeated dreams?

simonjary 19:00 25 Sep 2018

You can dream at most points during the night. People can usually go into deep sleep first.

If you get a Fitbit activity tracker or smartwatch with a heart-rate monitor, you can see all the sleep stages you experience during the night - although sadly it doesn't record the actual dreams!

You can see what the sleep stages graph looks like in our review of one of the trackers, the Fitbit Versa.

Aitchbee 19:05 25 Sep 2018

simonjary, very good but none of 'em record any snoring activity periods ;o]

lotvic 19:17 25 Sep 2018

On a recent visit, my son put a monitor under mattress. Apparently I had ( on average) several cycles of light, deep and REM sleep. It also recorded time spent snoring, but I try not to dwell on that part.

Quickbeam 19:51 25 Sep 2018

"I started in the back garden of a house that was running a taxi business, trying to fix my car on the lawn, then had to get 2 parts to fix a door, for some reason I collected parts from a local cafe,when I got back to the garden it was full of rather ugly women all chain smoking, it went on for a while longer but you get the drift."

Hmmmm... I think Fraud would find all that most interesting!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)