Hot Topics

How long will "panic" buying last?

wee eddie 10:26 20 Mar 2020

It is not the whole of the Nation that is packing it's Larder Shelves.

Assuming that the Supermarket shelves are being restocked on a regular basis, do you think that some sort of normality will resume.

After all, How many Rolls of Loo paper does one need.

iscanut 10:39 01 Apr 2020

Went into the small local Co-Op this morning for my paper and I was the only customer. Shelves all stocked, plenty of loo rolls, milk, eggs, bread so no problems. The local Sainsburys had husge queues waiting to go in !

Aitchbee 10:46 01 Apr 2020

Went into the small local Co-Op this morning for my paper and I was the only customer.

That sounds exactly like my local Co-Op pre virus scare ... cos it's too pricey. lol.

Pine Man 11:45 01 Apr 2020

The local Sainsburys had husge queues waiting to go in !

Went to Tesco this morning and walked straight in. Everything we wanted was available except flour and yeast for making bread.

People still seem to be bulk buying toilet rolls - what's up with them?

Menzie 12:37 01 Apr 2020

Pine Man - That's because toilet paper is the new currency!

Flak999 16:09 01 Apr 2020

Waitrose in Rickmansworth this morning was pretty well fully stocked. Had to queue as they were only allowing a certain amount of customers in at any one time. However once through the doors it was just like normal service.

Perhaps the lemmings have all exhausted their cupboard space with their toilet roll frenzy?

john bunyan 17:42 01 Apr 2020

My wife received the first Government free food parcel today. Quite heavy, mainly tinned stuff , potatoes etc. I am trying to find a way to pay but if I can’t find it. I’ll make a donation to a suitable charity.

martd7 19:17 01 Apr 2020

I don't usually go to Tesco but Morrisons and Asda had massive queues at 11am,so I nipped in Tesco there was a queue of about 12 all in seperate spaces,a Tesco employee asking if we wanted a trolley which he cleaned with wipes and after 10 mins I was in,I have to say most things were available even toilet roll,that I didn't need so I passed on it

They're plenty of staff showing you where to go what to do I was very impressed it ran like clockwork

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

HBO Max enters the streaming wars with US launch

Megan Thee Stallion's Aeon Flux-inspired music video is the perfect lockdown tonic

macOS 10.15.5 Catalina improves battery health and fixes Finder crash bug

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans