Hot Topics

How long will "panic" buying last?

wee eddie 10:26 20 Mar 2020

It is not the whole of the Nation that is packing it's Larder Shelves.

Assuming that the Supermarket shelves are being restocked on a regular basis, do you think that some sort of normality will resume.

After all, How many Rolls of Loo paper does one need.

john bunyan 21:11 31 Mar 2020

x13

Thanks for the vulnerable link. My wife is registered but apart from a call from the County Council last week and trying to obey all the restrictions , there seems no further ways of , for example, getting delivery slots from shops like ASDA. Fortunately we are Ok for money and have a relative who has shopped for us. I hope soon that there will be action on obtaining delivery slots as I am off driving at the moment also. Am using delivery from , for example, some fence preservative from an on line supplier and Cartridge World for computer stuff.

For my wife's birthday on Thursday so I have ordered from a local home delivery company , nice meals for us to have delivered to our house and also to a daughter and husband in one house and granddaughter and partner in another. They will send WhatsApp photos as they raise a glass in the evening so its a virtual dinner party!!

We may leave a bit of cake out in a poly bag for them if they drop by to bring presents and sing happy birthday via s slightly open window!

wee eddie 21:35 31 Mar 2020

JB: That's neat

x13 21:36 31 Mar 2020

john bunyan Enjoy your wife's virtual birthday party :)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:49 31 Mar 2020

My grandson was 10 yesterday and upset that he could not have a party so at 4 pm the family joined in a 6 way video call on messanger and sang happy birthday while he blew out his candles.

In our case I cast the phone to a chromecast and had it all on a bigger screen.

Quickbeam 01:36 01 Apr 2020

That’s the one x13!

[DELETED] 03:44 01 Apr 2020

The Morrissons food boxes have implemented a queue system, so my 30 minute refresh no longer applies, but show in stock anyway as of now.

In case of any doubt, you don't need to be within delivery distance of a local Morrissons store, mine came from their distribution centre in Wakefield 150+ miles away overnight via DPD courier.

iscanut 10:39 01 Apr 2020

Went into the small local Co-Op this morning for my paper and I was the only customer. Shelves all stocked, plenty of loo rolls, milk, eggs, bread so no problems. The local Sainsburys had husge queues waiting to go in !

Aitchbee 10:46 01 Apr 2020

Went into the small local Co-Op this morning for my paper and I was the only customer.

That sounds exactly like my local Co-Op pre virus scare ... cos it's too pricey. lol.

Pine Man 11:45 01 Apr 2020

The local Sainsburys had husge queues waiting to go in !

Went to Tesco this morning and walked straight in. Everything we wanted was available except flour and yeast for making bread.

People still seem to be bulk buying toilet rolls - what's up with them?

john bunyan 17:42 01 Apr 2020

My wife received the first Government free food parcel today. Quite heavy, mainly tinned stuff , potatoes etc. I am trying to find a way to pay but if I can’t find it. I’ll make a donation to a suitable charity.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Apple updates the 27-inch iMac for 2020 with 10th-gen chips and a new screen

Greg Joswiak replaces Phil Schiller as Apple SVP of Marketing

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour animaux (2020)