horrible' eco-friendly public urinals in Paris

Cymro. 10:48 14 Aug 2018

BBC link

A boat cruise along the River Seine is one of most popular ways to see Paris, but angry locals are worried that a new installation may spoil the experience. Bright-red, fully exposed, urinals have been placed across the city to reduce peeing on the streets. But the eco-friendly devices, which are filled with straw and designed to be odourless, have left many unconvinced. Well if needs must I suppose and if a man has to go a man has to go. I dare say that many of us men have had to use worse in the past.

canarieslover 11:10 14 Aug 2018

Certainly having prostate troubles would make these very welcome for me. Mind you being alongside running water I would probably need them only a couple of hundred yards apart at most.

Al94 11:33 14 Aug 2018

They don't appear to work very well judging by the third photo!

bumpkin 11:45 14 Aug 2018

Not the best design or signposting but a sensible alternative to using the street

Aitchbee 17:00 14 Aug 2018

Oui oui ... très handy!

Quickbeam 17:43 14 Aug 2018

Is the openness intended to replicate the voyeurism of urinating in public!

Brumas 19:19 14 Aug 2018

Call me cynical but this must surely be a go ahead for all the lowlife flashers and pervs. Sorry officer i didn't see that young child walking past, I was only adjusting my dress whilst leaving the urinal!!!!!

bumpkin 20:44 14 Aug 2018

Is the openness intended to replicate the voyeurism of urinating in public!

Looking at the sign I would say yes.

bremner 21:35 14 Aug 2018

Open air public urinals in use in Bristol, London and also saw them in Amsterdam

click here

Forum Editor 22:07 14 Aug 2018

It's worth a try - anything is better than people urinating in the street.

john bunyan 11:55 15 Aug 2018

A bit tall for the ladies in this age of equality?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)