Hope 2017 will be an auspicious year for everyone.

Brumas 23:14 31 Dec 2016
Answered

Wish everyone a happy, healthy, peaceful and satisfying new year. Read Desiderata and try to abide by its wisdom, it is my mantra and I turn to it quite often in times of stress and uncertainty to ground myself - be happy.

Old Deuteronomy 23:38 31 Dec 2016

Happy New Year.

Brumas, the first time I have read Desiderata, a good way to live your life. My partner says her father used to read this to her and her siblings and tell them this is how they should live.

bumpkin 23:59 31 Dec 2016

I thought is was banned in this country.

mole44 05:11 01 Jan 2017

Mine as well Brumas and i wish one and all a happy 2017,may all your computers never have a clitch (That's put the mockers on it) and may F.E. use his wisdom to keep us in order.

Forum Editor 08:15 01 Jan 2017

"may F.E. use his wisdom to keep us in order."

I'll do my best, but only time will tell.

Best wishes to all for a happy and peaceful 2017.

Forum Editor 08:31 01 Jan 2017

bumpkin

"I thought is was banned in this country." I'm not sure why you would think that, but it's not true.

Lots of people think that the prose poem 'Desiderata' is ancient writing, but of course it isn't - it was written in 1927 by an American (Max Ehrmann).It was virtually unknown during his lifetime, and only became widely popular in the early 1970s when it was printed on posters, and adopted by the hippie community.

It featured on the album released by Leonard Nimoy of Star-trek fame in 1968 - he recited it then, and subsequently on a further album released in the 1990s. I have a copy of that album somewhere.

The poem was used by several recording artists in the 1990s, and probably the most famous lines at that time were:

**"You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."**

Quickbeam 08:51 01 Jan 2017

"You are the child of the universe etc..."

That's all a bit deep for early New Year's day! And I haven't had a drink since Christmas dinner...

Brumas 09:17 01 Jan 2017

Forum Editor, far out man, far out.... ;o}

Quickbeam 09:29 01 Jan 2017

Has the FE taken to partaking in mind expanding substances...?

rdave13 09:39 01 Jan 2017

Happy new Year to all.

About the worst Christmas I've had. On Penicillin since last Thursday and it's just starting to work its magic.

john bunyan 10:13 01 Jan 2017

Happy New Year to all.

rdave13

Sorry to hear you were poorly - happened to me a few years ago. Get well soon and catch up the good cheer!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleures séries Netflix