Homebase, a DIY disaster for Wesfarmers

oresome 11:57 25 May 2018

Bought for 340 million pounds, incurred costs taking it to nearer 1 Billion pounds and now selling for 1 pound.

The business may not have been entirely successful prior to their purchase, but they should have given the existing management some credit for understanding the UK market before dismissing them all.

click here

Pine Man 13:20 25 May 2018

There is a Bunnings Warehouse where I live and the change over from Homebase to Bunnings was amazing.

They stocked just about everything you could think of at reasonable prices but it was a bit like going to a jumble sale. The stuff was piled up to the roof and neither the staff nor the customers knew where anything was.

The last time I went I selected a bleed valve for a radiator but it had no price on it, or nearby. I took it to a till and the response was 'Where did you find that? According to our till we don't sell them. Give us a quid!!!'

Pine Man 13:23 25 May 2018

..........further to the above, it has just dawned on me that the quid they wanted may have been for the complete Homebase chain of stores, not the bleed valve!!

BT 17:32 25 May 2018

Our local Homebase was converted to a Bunnings and was only opened at the end of March. I quite like the shop and the layout. The previous revamp of Homebase was chaotic. They did away with the regular straight aisles and it ended up like Hampton Court maze and was very difficult to navigate. At least Bunnings went back to straight aisles clearly signed.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?