Here we go again with grooming

john bunyan 18:47 19 Oct 2018
Answered

We have discussed it before and I know that only a small % of the Pakistani/ Bangladeshi diaspora are involved, but the phenomenon of grooming gangs preying on children seems far too greatly concentrated in that community. The latest Huddersfield case involves 20 more men. This seems to go on and on and it is a pity that deportation after sentence is not easier. Only those with cast iron U.K. citizenship should be exempt from deportation.

grooming

oresome 19:11 19 Oct 2018

"The issue of child sexual exploitation was not well understood. Since then, lessons have been learned.”

Until the next time.

bremner 20:23 19 Oct 2018

These offences occurred between 7 and 14 years ago. So the here we go again heading is unwarranted.

Authorities are much more aware and many changes have been made.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:31 19 Oct 2018

A couple of house bricks would stop them offending again, and the sentence may deter others.

john bunyan 22:05 19 Oct 2018

bremner

If you want a more recent one, here it is. So many more in Rochdale, Oxford etc

Bolton

Pine Man 11:52 20 Oct 2018

Only those with cast iron U.K. citizenship should be exempt from deportation.

I listened very carefully to the descrption given of these men by the BBC and they were labelled 'Of Pakistani heritage', which means that they are probably British Citizens. In the same way that I am a British citizen but with Polish heritage going back three generations.

Pine Man 11:54 20 Oct 2018

........I forgot to add that I'll sign up to 'bricks' if it helps.

Forum Editor 13:04 20 Oct 2018

"it is a pity that deportation after sentence is not easier."

Yes, but I imagine that all of these men are British citizens.

john bunyan 19:29 20 Oct 2018

Forum Editor

Maybe any who have dual citizenships can be deported - a precedent

British citizenship removed

Quickbeam 08:52 21 Oct 2018

Or create our own Devil's Island. St Kilda fits the bill.

oresome 11:06 21 Oct 2018

From the little I've read about these incidents, they appear to have been conducted in plain sight with failures by the parents, schools, police and social services.

The primary responsibility surely rests with the parents who should know where their children are and what they are getting up to. Teenagers can be difficult but it is up to parents to set boundaries and offer a strong moral code.

This isn't excusing the behaviour of the men, but there has been a vacuum in the young girls lives that they've taken advantage of.

No amount of money spent on policing and social care will make up for a lack of good parenting.

No doubt it's easier said than done as many of the girls will come from broken homes with a mother who finds it difficult to cope.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL