Hot Topics

Hello from my self-isolation world....

Forum Editor 17:38 23 Mar 2020

My wife visited a friend last week to deliver a birthday gift. She did not go into the house, but put the package into the porch and rang the bell. As she stepped back, someone shouted 'Boo!'. She turned around, and her friend hugged her before she could do anything. That friend has since been diagnosed as having a COVID-19 infection, and as a result we have both been told to self-isolate. So here I am, stuck in the house.

I will work remotely via Microsoft Teams, and make a nuisance of myself here, in the forums but I can't shake off the feeling that the wolves are circling.

john bunyan 22:46 30 Mar 2020

Now Dominic Cummings is self isolated with a suspected case. No doubt there is a hot line to the PM so he can tell him what to do.

Forum Editor 09:32 31 Mar 2020

Over the next week or so as social distancing starts to have an effect, let's hope we see the infection rate slowly start to flatten.

Brumas 21:48 07 Apr 2020

Update: My daughter has finally recovered after self-isolating and, thank heavens her husband and 5 year old son haven't caught it due to her fastidiousness.

She said it was a 'rough ride' and was lucky, being quite young and quite healthy as she wouldn't wish it on any one older.

john bunyan 22:07 07 Apr 2020

Brumas

Good news. Hope you and yours stay safe. My wife is in the “shielded” list so we stay 2 - 3 m apart even at home. With a large garden and no help I’m not bored!

Brumas 22:57 07 Apr 2020

john bunyan, thanks old pal. It must be hard having to 'manoeuvre' yourselves around the house avoiding each over, alright if you've had a row and not speaking, otherwise a bit of a bummer!

x13 09:45 12 Apr 2020

Just finished my last 'therapy' last week which entailed travelling to hospital every day for three weeks. Have huge respect for the NHS workers and also to the voluntary hospital transport taxi drivers without which I would have been in trouble. Travelling on the motorway was a bit eerie and reminded me of old photographs of the 1960's motorways with the lack of traffic.

john bunyan 10:01 12 Apr 2020

x13

Good luck with therapy. I agree on NHS;. 7 years ago I was given 6 months to live. Here I am 7 years later following ( expensive) NHS therapy so it is amazing what they can do these days. Hope you feel better and good wishes.

x13 10:12 12 Apr 2020

john bunyan - thank you for the good wishes :) For me it's a slow recovery but a recovery non the less. Miracles do happen!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

HBO Max enters the streaming wars with US launch

Megan Thee Stallion's Aeon Flux-inspired music video is the perfect lockdown tonic

macOS 10.15.5 Catalina improves battery health and fixes Finder crash bug

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans