Heating allowance for all pensioners.

Govan1x 09:23 30 Nov 2016
Answered

Wondered why we had no notification of our heating allowance this year but did notice that it had actually been paid into the bank yesterday.

I can only assume that they have stopped sending letters out now to save money, but be assured that you still get it paid into your bank account.

So don't worry if you do not get notified by post.

wee eddie 10:29 30 Nov 2016

I got my letter last week

LastChip 10:33 30 Nov 2016
Answer

Sometimes, the letter arrives after it's been paid.

Old Deuteronomy 10:46 30 Nov 2016

We had our money a few weeks ago with one letter before, sent to me and then another letter each, after it was paid, both the same as the first.

Forum Editor 11:24 30 Nov 2016

Letters have been sent, as usual.

oresome 11:31 30 Nov 2016

I received the letter a while back. I don't know if it has been paid into my current account yet as I only reconcile it once per month.

I use MS Money to track income and expenditure between times.

I generally hate receiving brown envelopes. I'm on my fourth from the taxman regarding an underpayment of £1.60 and they are promising a further one to advice me how to pay it!

Govan1x 12:31 30 Nov 2016

Ok postman delivered the letter today. So looks like my theory of saving money by not posting letters was doomed from the start.

Many thanks to all that Posted. Will class as resolved now.

morddwyd 21:39 30 Nov 2016

I've had the money, but no letter.

Always thought it was a bit of a waste on money (the letter, not the allowance!).

bumpkin 22:02 30 Nov 2016

Without the money wasted on letters there could be a little more available for those that genuinely need the allowance.

BT 09:09 01 Dec 2016

Without the money wasted on letters..

Seems sensible. Its pretty obvious what it is when it appears on your statement or Online account so the letter seems mainly unecessary. Can't remember whether there is also a separate letter for the £10 Christmas 'Bonus'

I often get the money before the letter.

Forum Editor 09:31 01 Dec 2016

"Without the money wasted on letters there could be a little more available for those that genuinely need the allowance."

I think the letters are needed for clarity. Large numbers of recipients do not have internet access, and do not check their bank accounts between written statements. They benefit from a written notification.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs smartphones Honor